playing-house

Believe it or not, plays don’t seem to fare all that well in dismal economic climates. Fortunately, our good ol’ Berkeley Rep just received two generous donations

The Affair of the Necklace move in support of its upcoming world premiers. Breathe easy kids, with the help of the Phyllis C. Wattis foundation and The Edgerton Foundation, Green Day’s American Idiot Sydney aka Hard Eight trailer

and Naomi Iizuka’s slightly less fourteen-year-old-friendly Concerning Strange Devices from the Distant West

The Moth ipod

download Straightheads

Flight from Ashiya film will go forth as anticipated.

The Phyllis C. Wattis foundation hopes to bolster the Bay Area arts community, so throwing a $50,000 bone to that Berkeley-born rascal, Billy Joe Armstrong, and his stoner good-for-nothing-turned-politically-rousing-arena-rock-god bandmates, Tre Cool and Mike Dirnt, seemed like a worthy maneuver. The Clog takes the opportunity to frantically shriek “We love you, Billie Joe!” before swooning back into this post.

Meanwhile, Iizuka’s Concerning Chasing Liberty full will hit the stage with the Edgerton Foundation’s New American Play Award – a good $50,000 worth of recognition -  behind it. The Edgerton Foundation presents this award to theaters with a track record of consistently producing new work. The Berkeley Rep proudly fits the bill; this is the second New American Play Award it has received. The Clog sends Berkeley Rep its hopes for a smooth, strong season.

Image Source: barnabywasson under Creative Commons.
Freddy Got Fingered psp

Devour movies

The Wiz move Berkeley Rep Receives Two $50,000 Grants To Fund Upcoming Premiers [Broadway World]