Alright, Berkeley. We know you like to indulge in a little “Mary Jane” every now and then. We can smell it in the air on Telegraph Ave. Annd … pretty much everywhere else in the city. So what say you about this?

Apparently some local networks have refused to air the above ad because it “promotes marijuana use,” but if that glassy-eyed robot lady really is an example of a “real marijuana user” then we must respectfully disagree. Also, we’re kind of in favor of anything that would help the state out of its massive budget pothole (get it? Get it?!).

And you have to admit 20,000 teachers’ salaries is a lot of teachers’ salaries. Maybe the state could, like, use the revenue it raises from taxing marijuana to pay people to teach kids not to smoke marijuana. Are we right? It’s FOOL-PROOF! Well, if the tax were high enough, anyway.

But seriously, taxing weed is something even the Governator has told us to consider, because people are buying it anyway. We might as well make some money off of the sales so California can do things like keep state parks open … only to be burnt down by hordes of pot-smoking hoodlums. Alas, the debate rages …

California Tax and Regulate Ad from 2009 [YouTube]
Local Stations Reject “Tax Pot” Ad [Eye on Blogs]

Yuri said:
Jul 9, 2009 at 11:04 am

Seriously? One of the tags for this post is “dope.” What decade are we living in?

Ricardo Gomez said:
Jul 10, 2009 at 2:58 pm

CLOSED!

Seriously though, this is a great idea.