Concept poetry
Have you ever been in an English lecture and thought to yourself, “I wonder what this professor dude/lady’s favorite poem is, since they’re so smart and knowledgeable about literature and stuff.” Oh, you haven’t? Well too bad, because that’s what you’ll find out at this Thursday’s Lunch Poems kick-off, starring emcee Robert Hass and featuring some of the English Department’s freshest and most distinguished faces reading their favorite poems.

Thursday’s event is the first in this year’s series of “noontime poetry readings,” which takes place every year in one of our favorite places on campus, the Morrison Reading Room in Doe Library. We’re not going to lie–we’ve never heard of some of the poets who are reading in upcoming months, but you may have.

So cozy up on the nicest couches in Berkeley and experience your English lecturers–and trust us, they’ve probably been your English lecturers–like you’ve never experienced them before.

Image Source: Lottery Monkey under Creative Commons
Lunch Poems [UC Berkeley Library]

Tim Anderson said:

Truly challenging bless you, It is my opinion your trusty audience might possibly want a great deal more posts of this nature keep up the good work.

I’m making my comment before my boss gets back from lunch, so forgive me if it’s not as good as the others. I like your article. You’re a great writer.