0_foodincNo, but seriously. We know people who have seen this movie and have come out non-carnivorous as the day they were born.

This is why you won’t find us at Tuesday’s Wheeler Hall screening, which, incidentally, will be followed by a panel discussion featuring the film’s director, Robert Kenner and one Michael Pollan. Yeah. That Michael Pollan.

The whole event is scheduled to last from 7-10 p.m. and is fuh-ree for students (score … if we weren’t too scared to go) but will cost $12 general admission and $10 for “UCB-affiliates.” So check it out if you’re interested in becoming a little more stereotypically “Berkeley.” As for us, we may be uncultured contributors to the decline of the health of mankind and our economy, but we value our ability to enjoy a hamburger.

Film: Food, Inc, with director Robert Kenner [UC Berkeley Events Calendar]

Monica said:

I honestly love the clog, but this is a terrible post. People should not avoid information just because they are afraid of changing their habits. Do not choose purposeful ignorance. Learn about the issues and then you can continue to smoke, consume meat, eat at McDonalds, whatever.
Come on Jill…you are a university student and a journalist. You should want to know information and encourage others learn about news/issues as well.

.com408 said:

I think shes being more figurtive then literal here Monica, I mean she wrote the post and has a decent understanding of the issues posed by the film so the fact that she makes a point in her post of not wanting to see it is specifically to make the point of not seeing it… you dig?

a6514604 said:

I’ve said that least 6514604 times. SKC was here…