2557606834_50b85b3616

It will be an alliance that no one will soon forget.

No, that isn’t the tagline to the newest hamster-related action comedy. In point of fact, UC Berkeley will soon be joining with the University of Incheon in South Korea to “explore the potential for joint scientific research in energy, biology, accelerators, cosmology, and space.”

The agreement, signed Wednesday (at 10:30 a.m. local time in the Republic of Korea, in case you were wondering) investigates possible collaborations between UC Berkeley and its South Korean counterpart. Apparently Incheon will be the rendezvous point and Berkeley will be Q, supplying research programs to the university.

But what exactly will they be researching? Building mutants with adamantium claws? More Manchurian candidates? No, something much more trendy. They will be going green, exploring more environmentally-friendly ways to develop energy.

So no sketchy laboratories or elaborate multi-country smokescreens, but they may just end up saving the environment. Just ask Dr. George Smoot, one of Berkeley’s distinguished NLs and famed scientist who’s smarter than a fifth grader. “Developing next-generation processing technology will help broaden the choice of feedstocks,” Smoot explained.

It may not be a snappy one-liner, but it’s more exciting than “Rush Hour 3.” In any case, we’ll take UC Berkeley and the University of Incheon over Tucker and Chan any day of the week.

Image source: Beige Alert under Creative Commons
Berkeley Lab and the University of Incheon Anticipate Scientific Collaboration [Berkeley Lab News Center]

Its such as you read my mind! You appear to grasp so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I feel that you could do with some % to drive the message house a little bit, but other than that, that is excellent blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.