You best be keeping that foot off my couch.
Since the darn storm is keeping you in, what will you be doing today at four o’clock? That’s right, you will be watching Oprah.

No, it’s not to see her interview the elusive Cormac McCarthy, or to see the now passé Tom Cruise couch-jumping incident. This time it’s something a little closer to home. Oprah will be interviewing UCPD’s Lisa Campbell and Ally Jacobs, the two brave police officers whose keen eyes led to the arrest of kidnapper Phillip Garrido.

The Clog is grateful that these ladies are getting their moment in the spotlight. Campbell, whose mother worked with Oprah’s security detail in the ’80s, is thrilled by the experience. “The entertainment giant is a ‘shero,’ Campbell says. ‘She has dedicated her life to sharing her gifts and talent, and changing one consciousness at a time.’”

We can think of a few more sheroes, actually. They’ll be on Oprah tonight. You won’t want to miss it.

Image source: dyobmit under Creative Commons
UCPD’s Lisa Campbell and Ally Jacobs get their 15 minutes on Oprah [UC Berkeley News]

Ricardo Gomez said:

Lisa Campbell is dope. Even though she’s only been with UCPD for less than a year, she really knows how to work with students and how to expose shady ass kidnapper dudes. She should start a business before she goes on Oprah, she’ll make mad money if she drops the name on air.