Yay AREAAAAA: NYT Blogged.

The Clog just got some new neighbors. And by “new neighbors” we mean the Internet neighborly equivalent of Gatsby’s mansion or, like, the Taj Mahal or something.

Yep, the Gray Lady has moved in next door and has set up shop, tap tap tapping away at the Bay Area blogosphere. In addition to recently launching its Bay Area Report–a new section dedicated to covering the Bay Area that has been cause for just a touch of controversy due to its possible effects on a certain local publication–THE New York Times has started a Bay Area blog.

It will both do original reporting and highlight stuff from “regional media, bloggers, student publications and Twitter.” (Emphasis is ours.) So, um. What’s up New York Times?

Image Source: Rich Anderson under Creative Commons, edited by Evante Garza-Licudine
Bay Area Blog [NY Times]

Felicity Barringer said:

We welcome your welcome. What’s up? The Daily Clog is up on our blogroll.

CoolAmp said:

Tekbuz.com Online Videos I Like You

exorryExcewly said:

Being an increasing number of individuals begin to consider environmental friendly techniques that can help in saving our forests, the eBook Reader is one which most will neglect to consider. However, as the amount of books printed rises exponentially, the amount of trees being harvested also rises which really is a concern.

Probably this trend will carry on as people be familiar with the info age and the quick accessibility to the printed word on nearly every topic they could possibly imagine. It is just whenever we all dedicate ourselves to creating the paperless office that the continual destruction of our forests may diminish.

While some may point towards the advent of ebooks and PDF files as supplying a potential means to fix the proliferation of paper books, it’s true that lots of people often print these out in a format that uses more paper had they been professionally printed originally.

There’s, however, an answer for this available in the shape of the eBook reader. Such readers present eBooks within an readable format that is simply as portable as a physical book â Â EURÂ " actually much more, because it is lighter and much more easily carried, so that as leading edge technology continues to build up, the chance for becoming more environmentally conscious continues to provide it self.

The quantity of paper employed for printing documents, books, magazines, along with other such materials hasn’t decreased with the proliferation of pcs and laptops, but rather, appears to have increased. It would appear that as folks have unlimited use of information, the amount of documents being printed remains increasing. The need to move printed materials in one location to a different or even to simply isolate specific documents can also be increasing exponentially.

The introduction of eReaders could be instrumental in the saving of our forests if we as a people choose to use them in a fashion that may certainly have the required impact we seek. Listed here are some possibilities for utilizing the eReader to help in saving our forests:

Replacing textbooks in Universites and colleges: The eBook Readers are capable to displace textbooks within our universites and colleges, in addition to reduce the amount of books necessary within our libraries. Replace the amount of books now for sale in bookstores both land based and online. With the eReader, it’s possible to quickly locate the book of the choice, down load it on the equipment and instantly begin reading. Most downloads just take around 60 seconds for a typical size book. Replace the amount of magazines and trade publications now for sale and distributed. Again, the eMagazine can quickly be downloaded and accessed quickly. Replace the amount of printed reports and documents in corporate America and smaller businesses around the globe. Companies, both large and small, continually print budgets, marketing analysis and materials, training packages, and so on. for distribution and review. These machines would likely help in diminishing the amount of these kinds of printed materials drastically.

Not just do the eBook Readers serve the objective of efficiently eliminating the destruction of so many trees, however they offer simplicity of use and simple transport capabilities. They have been light, compact, simple to use, and a number of them may even read to us.

Over all, these Readers have so many possibilities that it’s nearly impossible to predict what the near future might hold for the expansion of the usage. Once we start to grow much more comfortable with with them, so that as current purchasers provide feedback to manufacturers, their capabilities is only going to continue steadily to expand and progress.

Web editor of the Bookseller, Philip Jones, is on record has having commented that publishers are converting their backlists to digital format in anticipation of the book world’s exact carbon copy of the iPod.

To date, testimonials have over all been quite positive and reinforcing the requirement for such leading edge technology. Truly you will find those people who still prefer to touch and have the pages of a genuine book but we truly do not mind lacking to transport those books around on our 5 hour flight. And wouldn’t we much rather grab our Reader to collect to examine the documents for tomorrow’s meeting rather than heavy laptop or perhaps a briefcase stuffed high in papers? Additionally, the school student shouldn’t have trouble with reducing force of this 25 to 30 pound backpack to a little 10 ounces.

In a nutshell, the benefits undoubtedly outweigh the disadvantages. It is most likely safe to express that the eBook Reader is here now to remain and can only improve and better as time progresses and much more individuals are introduced to its virtues. And remember, if you’re able to assist saving our forests, wouldn’t it be worthwhile?

Resource:Can EBook Readers Save Our Forests

wynmhao said:

Collection of some of your personal information is essential for completion of some of the functions and activities of this Website. We will, if it is reasonable or practicable to do so, also collect your personal information directly from you. For instance, the collection of your personal information may happen when you看乐购淘宝官方商品导航.