3090392047_4c7cbd57c3As if it isn’t enough that she helped capture Phillip Garrido, Ally Jacobs continues to restore our faith in humanity. She saved Jaycee Dugard, she’s been on Oprah, and now UCPD officer Jacobs recently visited her alma mater, Santa Margarita Catholic High School, to dispense her wisdom.

What’d she have to say? The main idea is trust your instincts. “Just listen to your voice. It’s always right, it’s there for a reason,” Jacobs explained. She used her own life as an example. She saw Garrido with the girls and knew something wasn’t quite right, so she did a little extra digging.

Another cool fact about Jacobs? When she was younger, a popular guy at her high school stole beer from a grocery store, and she reported him. Now don’t go screaming narc on us. Look at it this way: she did not “bow in the face of potential social stigma.” And that takes a ballsy woman, the same badass who helped get Garrido.

Need any more convincing that this woman is a BAMF? We’ll leave you with this: “She watched ‘The Silence of the Lambs’ as a girl and so related to Jodie Foster’s character that she wanted to become an FBI agent and go after psychopaths.”

Ally, believe us when we say that Clarice would be so proud.

Image source: davidsonscott15 under Creative Commons
Officer who helped capture Garrido tells teens to trust their instincts [LA Times]