wheeler

The bummers do not cease. When campus officials got word that the Live Weekers were planning a totally rad all-night concert for tonight in Wheeler Hall, they had them all arrested for trespassing. The concert would have included guest performers and a live DJ.

Protesters vowed the concert would have ended by 8 a.m., an hour before finals were set to begin in the same building, but campus officials, lame to their cores, did not wish to take any chances with those f*cking hippies (note: the term “f*cking hippies” was not actually employed by anyone, to our knowledge).

According to a Facebook message from Reclaim Uc, the concert is still on (albeit in a new location!). If you go, let us know how it is!

Image Source: CTG/SF under Creative Commons
‘Open University’ Protesters Arrested [Daily Cal]
UC police arrest 66 at Wheeler Hall [News Center]

Alix said:

The concert was sickkkkk! Thanks to all who came out. This whole situation was grossly mishandled. The Chancellor et al. should be ashamed of themselves. Thanks to the Clog for providing some decent coverage, unlike anyone else.

John Doe said:

And so because A) they were arrested for being there after hours ie Tresspassing, they earned the right to B) trash his house? I hold you in contempt.

Instead of breaking the law, how about follow the FSM movement you all seem to rally around and do something non-confrontational?? The sit in at Sproul Hall worked much better than chaining the doors and getting tear gas dropped on Sproul Plaza.