1984… a Berkeley School of Information report shows.

OK, that title might be a wee bit incendiary. However, take a gander at the I School’s doosie of a reality-check, and we bet that you too will be gathering your non-technological possessions and heading toward a remote wooded cabin in which to live out a more simple existence, “Walden”/”Children of Men” style.

The report pertains to “online location privacy,” a concern engendered by the interwebs’ newfound ability to know exactly where you are at all times.

Whether or not you’ve internalized this disconcerting fact, you’ve probably experienced it in the form of your iPhone apps giving you real time directions or recommending nearby restaurants. On the other end of the wire, you reveal your location to your friends (but, in actuality, to the vastness if the interwebs) via social networking sites like Twitter.

These functions seem harmless enough, until you come across sites like pleaserobme.com, which makes manifest the potential for your whereabouts info to be snatched up by wrong hands. Deirdre Mulligan, of the I School study, suggests the event that you lose a phone with Loopt on it. Now the sketchy voyeur/serial murderer who finds it will have access to the location of all of your well-connected friends.

The I School researchers are working with Congress to establish better privacy standards. Still, we can’t help but glance back to our title …

Image Source: Diodoro under Creative Commons
New Report Analyzes Online Location Privacy [I School]

free tampon sample said:

I enjoy reading through an article that will make men and women think. Also, thank you for allowing me to comment!

Andera Laguna said:

I had been just browsing in some areas but took place to be to learn how to examine this submit. I ought to say that I am within hand of luck today if not getting this kind of excellent post to find out wouldn’t are achievable personally, in the really least. Truly recognize your content articles.

ray ban sunglasses outlet said:

Thanks for your article on this weblog. From my own experience, occasionally softening up a photograph could possibly provide the photo shooter with a dose of an artistic flare. Oftentimes however, the soft clouds isn’t what exactly you had planned and can frequently spoil a normally good photo, especially if you thinking about enlarging this.

Saskia Berger said:

The following time I learn a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as a lot as this one. I imply, I know it was my choice to read, however I really thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you may fix should you werent too busy searching for attention.

emu360v1.4.rar said:

I have read a few excellent stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how a lot attempt you place to make this sort of great informative site.

Security Light said:

I just wanted to make a comment to express gratitude to you for the stunning tactics you are sharing at this site. My time consuming internet search has at the end of the day been paid with really good details to talk about with my family. I would claim that many of us website visitors are undoubtedly blessed to exist in a good website with many brilliant professionals with helpful points. I feel truly grateful to have seen your entire site and look forward to some more excellent times reading here. Thanks again for all the details.

Dancing Bear said:

Greetings from Colorado! I’m bored to death at work so I decided to check out your website on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the information you present here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m amazed at how quick your blog loaded on my phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, wonderful site!

Forex ea said:

Thanks for sharing superb informations. Your site is very cool. I am impressed by the details that you have on this site. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for more articles. You, my pal, ROCK! I found simply the info I already searched everywhere and just could not come across. What a great website.

Transgenic Mice said:

My developer is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on a number of websites for about a year and am concerned about switching to another platform. I have heard great things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it? Any kind of help would be really appreciated!

Boot Camps said:

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Bless you!

HALI YIKAMA said:

Very helpfull. Thanks.

Eliasz Rutkowski said:

Penis Enlargement said:

excellent publish, very informative. I’m wondering why the opposite experts of this sector do not notice this. You should proceed your writing. I am confident, you have a great readers’ base already!