greenFor you avid Clog readers (if such people exist), you know that free stuff has a very special place in our collective heart. And if there’s anything we’ve learned here at Berkeley, it’s that free stuff abounds in the college world.

We abide by the three f’s: fairs, festivals and any event with the word “free” in the description. That’s why the annual Play Green Festival represents something akin to a religious holiday to us. Not only is it the Mecca of free-ness, it presents the opportunity to simultaneously feel good about oneself while engaging in a completely selfish activity.

Energy bars overwhelmed the Cliff table in more varieties than we could even stuff in our mouth before feeling guilty. Ben and Jerry’s was passing out ice cream in bulk to hoarding students who didn’t seem to realize they only had 20 minutes ’till it all melted. There were more kinds of granola and pita than we knew what to do with, homemade butter making and more samples than we could fit in our already oversized bag.

Luckily, one smart company was passing out those reusable green grocery bags. The only thing that we didn’t understand was how the army factored in. Right at the entrance of the festival, they were there encouraging prepubescent boys to do push ups for a free army T-shirt or metal water bottle. Lookin’ a little desperate.

The take-home message: festivals may seem like a lot of introducing yourself to potential organizations and/or companies that you don’t wish ever to contact you … but, for the savvy connoisseur of free it’s all about sticking a granola bar in your mouth, not making eye contact and stuffing as much stuff in your bag as you can carry.

Image Source: urbanwoodswalker under Creative Commons

Great weblog here! Also your website rather a lot up very fast! What web host are you the use of? Can I am getting your associate hyperlink on your host? I wish my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol

Stream Sports For Free said:

I appreciated this piece of writing. Keep submitting posts, I’ll be coming back on a regular basis

I am curious to find out what blog system you happen to be utilizing? I’m having some minor security problems with my latest blog and I would like to find something more safeguarded. Do you have any suggestions?

Celestyn Sawicki said: