When we first got the e-mail from her slate-mate Ricardo Gomez saying, “Eunice Makes My Dreams Come True,” we were all like, “Uhh, no thanks, Eunice Kwon, we don’t actually want the things that happen in our dreams to come true, because then we’d show up to class in our skivvies like half the time and we’d probably be on the run from a psycho killer who looks suspiciously like our hot GSI.”

Thankfully, there do not appear to be any naked people or murderous grad students in this video. Only banana suits:

Ohhhh, we get it. It’s like the dance scene from “(500) Days of Summer,” in which post-coital Joseph Gordon-Levitt dances down the street to the song “You Make My Dreams Come True.” Because if there’s one platform students at this school can get behind, it’s innocuous spoofs of popular indie movies. We can always use more of those. (SQUELCH!, Student Action? Sunny Delight scene from “Juno”? It’ll be, like, so quirky!)

In all seriousness, though, this is a pretty impressive, nearly shot-by-shot re-make of the scene. So what it lacks in, y’know, actual information, it makes up for in rehearsal time. Kudos for that, Kwon.

Eunice Makes My Dreams Come True [YouTube]
Earlier: Life of Bearcardo

Berkeley Berkeley said:

I’m a little confused as to what exactly her platform is.

Matthew said:

Like the commenter above said, I too wonder what her platform is. The commercial seemed vaguely narcissistic and self-indulgent.

Then again, I don’t think most students take ASUC politics very seriously, and, sadly, a good political party will shape their message to complement that fact. By making a purely entertaining advertisement, the party is merely pandering to the tastes of its constituents. In other words, their constituents are to blame for the video’s vapidity.

So I’m not a complete douche, I’ll add that the video production value was pretty good. (I also thought it was hilarious that Eunice wiped her hand on her vest after she shook a girl’s hand in front of Sather Gate. (0:44))

Ricardo bearcardo Gomez said:

Read her platforms at http://CalSERVE.org/eunice ! All the studnts I talk to love the video and understand that it is supposed to be funny.

Ricardo Bearcardo Gomez said:

* students

Wrote the original comment on my phone.

GoBears said:

My dream is for the ASUC to stop passing resolutions that divide the student body and have no impact, like the one on Isreal. Will Eunice make that dream come true (probably not, since she voted for it).

My dream is unfulfilled.