3244096925_4518e763ac

OK, we at the Clog will be the first to admit that we’re not so good with the financial wizardry. In fact, our knowledge of money ranges from, “Hey! I just found five dollars in the pocket of my old jeans! Score!” to “Oh yeah, I probably should have paid that bill a few days ago, huh? But do you think I’ll still have enough left for a burrito?”

So maybe we shouldn’t be the ones to tell you this, but tonight April 13 from 5:30-7 at the Arthur Andersen auditorium, Aaron Patzer, founder of Mint.com and VP and General Manager of Intuit, will be holding a free workshop sponsored by the SAGE scholars program.

Patzer is a bigwig in the land of moolah. We’re talking “CNNMoney identified him as one of six Money Heroes in the US in 2008 and a Top 40 under 40 entrepreneur in 2009, and Inc. magazine included him in a list of the Top 30 US Entrepreneurs under 30.” He will be discussing “tips on saving, budgeting and managing personal finances …. and ways that free, online tools have made an impact on how people interact with their money.”

So yeah, these are tough economic times, but you have the chance to talk to an honest-to-god Money Hero tonight. We have no idea if that comes equipped with a cape and some kind of shield, but you can be damn sure that you can pit a Money Hero against the evil Wall Street money wizards any day of the week. Think of it as a financial “Clash of the Titans.”

The event is free, like we said, but you need to register for the event here. Do it soon, too, since time is money. And if we’ve learned anything from Oliver Stone, we’ve learned that money never sleeps.

Image source: James Cridland under Creative Commons
SAGE Event: Personal Finance with Mint.com’s Aaron Patzer  [SAGE Scholars' Program]

Effective Marketing using Keywords, for your small business | Online Marketing Tips and Secrets said:

[...] The Daily Clog » SAGE Advice For Your Finances [...]