Info! According to the Facebook event page for this year’s Hip Hop in the Park, “Someone said Hip Hop was Dead…they need to come (sic) to hip hop in the park! come out and see it vibrant and alive in its various forms!”

We don’t know about all that “dead” business, but we will agree that the annual concert and festival is, traditionally, like, way fun. There are cool local acts and people break-dancing and there’s usually enough of a crowd to make the day one of People’s Park’s least sketchy occasions of the year. Plus, it’s all free and the weather’s supposed to be pretty nice.

If you’re still on the fence, you should check out Daily Cal arts writer David Liu’s awesome review of a performance by headline act Blue Scholars. Or you could just, y’know, walk past the park on Saturday between 12 and 5 p.m. We doubt your ears will spontaneously start bleeding or whatever.

Hip Hop in the Park [Facebook]
Earlier: We Spy: People’s Park Goes Hip Hopping

Isaac Miller said:

Also, the day before Hip Hop in the Park, Invincible is facilitating a film screening of her short film “The Revival”, featuring Roxanne Shante, Bahamadia, and other prominent female emcees. Afterward Invincible will conduct a workshop on bringing Hip Hop back to life through Gender Justice. Please come through! Its gonna be a great event. Friday, April 30th, 3-5pm in the MCC in the MLK student union. FREE. Community members welcome! http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=116696191687139&ref=mf