So Smug

OK, now we’re getting a little tired of this. First we got nine Berkeley professors in the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, then we got five Guggenheim fellows, and now we’ve got three professors named to the National Academy of Sciences. Yawn. Any more accolades to hand out?

Still, this is badass.  The three profs are as follows:

-Alexis Bell, a chemistry professor who studies catalysts “and how their molecular structure affects the efficiency of chemical reactions”

-Michael Jordan (!), an EECS and stats professor who “does research at the intersection of computer science and biology, including machine learning,” and

-stats prof David Aldous who works with mathematical probability.

We’ve now got 136 members of the NAS on our campus. As if that weren’t enough, one professor who is GOING to teach hereand another scientist who works at the Lawrence Berkeley Lab also just received their memberships.

But hey, who’s counting? We just sit back and let the awards roll themselves on in. And yes, if there was an award for biggest egos on a campus per unit area, we’d probably win that too. We’re very important.

Image source: stantontcady under Creative Commons
Three UC Berkeley professors named to National Academy of Sciences [UCBerkeleyNews]

Xrumer Beast Mods said:

Necessary to send you slightly note to help Thanks significantly again on the magnificent views that you have discussed at this time. It genuinely is incredibly generous easily give you what exactly most people would have made as an e-book to get some bucks for themselves, specifically considering which you could possibly have attempted inside the event where you want. Similarly, the guidelines served to become a great way to know that a lot of people have identical to mine the same desire to learn a lot when considering this matter. I believe that thousands more fun times in the future for the men and women who look at your blog.

car mats direct said:

{Pretty|Attractive} section of content. I just stumbled upon your {blog|weblog|website|web site|site} and in accession capital to assert that I {acquire|get} {in fact|actually} enjoyed account your blog posts. {Any way|Anyway} {I’ll|I will} be subscr…

My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was entirely right. This post truly made my day. You cann’t imagine just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!…

Brittni Cudney said:

Hi!
I’m extremely amusedby your interesting blog Will definitely return to your site again.
Lord bless yahoo for pointing me here.