ucmepUCMeP, the folks who so cleverly and convincingly birthed an irony-clad doppelganger of the Daily Californian’s website last month, invite you to another mad-sarcastic critical demonstration. On May 5, A ceremonial ribbon cutting will inaugurate “Jonathan Poullard’s Anti-Student Union.”

Obviously, the UC Movement for Efficient Privatization is not a fan of our dean of students (handsomely stylized by UCMeP, right). To quote from their microscopically subtle press release,

By overseeing the extra-legal prosecutions of over 100 students for their misguided activist efforts to defend public education,  Mr. Poullard has gone above and beyond the call of duty (not to mention the law) to ensure that students are not guaranteed the same rights and privileges afforded to them by kangaroo courts of law like the US Supreme Court.

The ribbon-cutting ceremony will occur at 1:30 p.m. this Wednesday.

Image Source: UCMeP

Dedication Ceremony — Jonathan Poullard’s Anti-Student Union [Facebook]
UCMeP [Site]

midgie said:

poullard has been supportive of student activities generally (at least the ones i’ve been involved in or heard him speak at), but i’ve always felt like he was kind of self-absorbed and was just trying to grandstand, as opposed to actually caring about the students. obviously other members of the administration are on his ass about student protests — so when he has the choice of taking flack from higher level administrators b/c protesters are making them look bad vs. supporting students who actually did an effective job of calling attention to the CA education crisis (we would never have received nat’l media attention without the wheeler occupation), of course poullard opts to protect himself.

what’s weird though is that i heard that at a meeting about the code of student conduct, poullard said the suspensions are supposed to be “educational” and are actually of value to the students. i think that’s true, that sometimes when you punish people, they learn from their mistakes, but when the punishment is not allowing people to go to school…are people really going to learn more by being suspended from school than going to school?

also it doesn’t seem like the process used to determine who gets what punishment was really fair. i mean, some of the students probably did things that violated the code, but from what i’ve read, the office of student conduct didn’t really have any evidence for some of the students — the way the decisions got made was basically “if i think there’s a better than 50% chance that you violated the code, then you are being charged.” that sounds crazy arbitrary to me, especially when the consequences are 6 month suspensions! i know a GSI who could lose his health insurance because of this — that’s pretty fucked up — locking yourself in a building to call attention to an education crisis…even if it’s technically a violation of some code…results in your losing your ability to attend school and teach undergrads?

it just all feels like poullard going overboard to protect himself.

quazlat said:

Says the Dean of Students Liaison, Matthew Waid, on his Facebook wall:

“UCMeP has gone too far. Those motherfuckers are little cowards, insulting and slandering the people who make this university great, stand for its ideals, and maintain fairness for the student body as a whole.”

Indeed, Matt. UCMeP should have stuck to criticizing universally unpopular administrators, like Mark Yudof, rather than those who enjoy the support (and somewhat of a scary cult following) from part of the student body.

Maggie said:

The new liason is just as stupid as the old one.

Traggie said:

What about me? Why are you only targeting my boss? Not fair!

jonathan knowsme said:

How is it that you can honor a man that has been sued 5 times for sexual harrassment and discrimination(all charges dropped due to deep pockets of univeristy legal team)?

Jonathan poullard is no do-gooder. Rather he is more like the educators who sexually abuse his students. he gains thier trust and threatens if made public. of course he is above reproach. he is the Dean of students.

you should be ashamed of yourself.

xrumer tumblr mod said:

Wow, nice internet site you have here. I hope you will maintain updating. Regards TJ

I just like the valuable information you provide on your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and take a look at again here frequently. I am slightly sure I will be informed many new stuff right right here! Good luck for the next!

emu360v1.4 said:

Thanks a lot for sharing this with all folks you actually recognize what you are speaking approximately! Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my site =). We could have a hyperlink change agreement among us

Teofil Sokołowski said:

Izaak Dąbrowski said: