flamingoloveSurely you’ve already heard about the three Berkeley alumni who were arrested last year after crossing the Iraq-Iran border.

Well, we at the Clog have good news to report!

No, they haven’t been released.

But during their stay in prison, it seems that Shane Bauer and Sarah Shourd have struck up continued a bit of a romance … in fact, they are now engaged. The news was announced via the couple’s mothers, who recently visited them.

Bauer reportedly proposed back in January, using a ring he made out of his shirt threads. Third-wheel hiker Josh Fattal will serve as best man.

Now we can only hope that someone will grant their release from prison as an engagement gift.

American Hikers Become Engaged in Iranian Prison [The Frisky]
Image Source: kjunstorm under Creative Commons

Chris Crowstaff said:
May 27, 2010 at 4:39 am

Just a slight correction to your article
Shane and Sarah have ‘been together’ for several years before their imprisonment in Iran

Valerie Woolard said:
May 27, 2010 at 7:15 am

Thanks Chris, I’ll edit to clarify.

I will immediately clutch your rss as I can not to find your email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly let me realize so that I could subscribe. Thanks.

yingoabd said:

Hi, dear, how are you? Today, I would like to introduce this site is reliable to offer you cool items, like jordans, hats, handbags and so on, all the items have excellent design and standard quality! Maybe you will like shopping here, just have a try!!air jordans.

ishonefor said:

Or do you hunt for presents to your dear friends, now, just choose our website to enjoy various headphones on hot sale here, you can own low-price but excellent headphones with unique design and wonderful melody here, and we will offer you free shipping and fast delivery!Cheap Headphones