After discovering the latest omen of the world’s coming demise, the Clog encourages Berkeley students to put down their books and enjoy their short-lived time on Earth.

Weak-stomached readers beware: this story is all kinds of sickening. We’ll try to be brief about it, but there’s just no sugar-coating the details.

So, you have Jarrod Wyatt, an American cage fighter, who was hanging out with pal and training partner Taylor Powell in a California hotel. The pair and another friend collectively drank mushroom-infused tea, whereupon Wyatt apparently became convinced that Powell was “possessed by the devil.”

After said other friend left the hotel room—ostensibly to call the police because Wyatt was beginning to act bizarrely—Wyatt cut out Powell’s tongue, tore off the majority of his face (including an eyeball), sliced open his chest and ripped out a number of organs, including Powell’s still-beating heart.

What can we honestly say? If you want to get didactic about it, this could theoretically serve as evidence against the use of hallucinogenic drugs. Then again, it’s not every day (read: practically never) that ‘shrooms directly engender horror movie-esque violence. Maybe that’s more logically attributed to the industry of paying people to beat each other up.

Regardless, the Clog is obviously horrified and sends its sincere condolences to Taylor Powell’s family.

Image Source: Stefan Tell under Creative Commons
American cage fighter ‘rips out still-beating heart of training partner after fearing he was possessed by the devil’ [DailyMail]
Earlier: Operation Boobquake

Adidas F50 Boots said:

Im thankful for the blog article. Much obliged.thank-ok-it