an earthquake definitely would have sucked.Surely y’all remember the tree-sitters (with celebs like Tristan Anderson, the memory isn’t likely to fade that fast)—but maybe some of you have forgotten what all the hullabaloo was about in the first place.

Well, it all began once upon a time with the construction of a sports training center neighboring Memorial Stadium. That structure, for all the insanity its saga wrought, is currently on schedule for completion next summer.

However! Tomorrow could serve up a monkey wrench in the form of the California Oak Foundation, the final contender of three organizations (also including the Panoramic Hills Association and the City of Berkeley itself) that originally opposed the project. A hearing in the San Francisco Court of Appeal will allow the group to conclusively make their case.

Considering all the trees are tragically dead and gone, we were, at first, a bit perplexed as to what exactly was motivating the Foundation to appeal the 2008 ruling that allowed construction to carry on. Apparently, they’re concerned that “the project wasn’t adequately studied under state earthquake zoning and environmental laws,” and all our lives might be in grave danger.

On the whole, it’s very considerate of them.

Image Source: ingridtaylar under Creative Commons
SF Court To Hear Challenge To UC Berkeley Sports Center Wednesday [SF Appeal]

Rosamond Meierotto said:

Very nice post Tim Tebow Jersey Jets and right to the point. I am not sure if this is truly the best place to ask but do you guys have any thoughts on where to employ some professional http://www.jetsjerseysonlineshop.com/tim-tebow-jerseys-c-26.html writers? Thank you :)