WOOOO BEAT ENGLAND.

Ahem, ahem. Cough, cough. Pause. Shoulder shake. Deep breath. All together, now:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!

Felt good, didn’t it? That’s because, somewhere deep below  your American “football”-worshipping, NBA finals-obsessing exterior, your soul is totally freaking excited for the  2010 World Cup. (And not just because Nike’s commercial for it is probably the most genius and effective ad ever made. Ever.)

If you don’t have a TV, you will obviously want to congregate in public places with other sports fans to watch the games and share the magic. The Chronicle created a pretty convenient Google map of venues screening games in the Bay Area, but since it was lacking on the Berkeley side, the Clog decided to fill it in a little. We’re sure we’re still missing some nooks and crannies, but we think we got most of the near-campus staples.

In addition to Blake’s and Henry’s (both of which are on the Chronicle’s map), Raleigh’s will be showing all the games, though they didn’t mention special hours when we called. Cafe Durant, which opens daily at 7:30 a.m. anyway, will also be showing all the games on its flat screens, and La Val’s said they’re opening at 7 a.m. to screen all the matches. Pizza for breakfast, guys!

If you’d rather kick it at home, it looks like ESPN will kindly be live streaming a bunch of the non-US games.

Know of other potentially hoppin’ World Cup-viewing spots in Berkeley? Tell us in the comments.

Image Source: doug88888 under Creative Commons
World Cup 2010 in the San Francisco Bay Area [SF Chron], via SFist

Watch The World Cup In Berkeley | Directory of Berkeley - Local news and color said:
Jun 10, 2010 at 5:05 pm

[...] a location available nearby. So we consulted with a great local source (UC Berkeley paper – The Daily Cal) to get a list of local viewing [...]

mojo dojo said:
Jun 10, 2010 at 11:45 pm

Don’t forget the Starry Plough. They will be opening up at 6:30AM to show the earliest games.

I’m really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and net and this is really frustrating. A good web site with interesting content, that is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web-site, I will be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Cant find it.

Augustine Agerton said:

I think this is one of the most vital information for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But want to remark on some general things, The website style is wonderful, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers

web proxy site said:

What you have here it is a great piece of information. But first of all I must say all every one. . And second I must say that I m going to post http://clog.dailycal.org/2010/06/10/how-to-watch-the-world-cup-in-berkeley/ on my Digg profile. And this because at last I found what I was looking for. What you share here is really good post. In the minute I saw this tittle, The Daily Clog » How To: Watch the World Cup in Berkeley, in my google search I was very happy. Maybe I found something that have the same ideea here http://www.toplevel-proxy.com/web-proxy-sites , I’m not sure but I thing it was the same. My regrds