:weep:

After discovering the latest omen of the world’s coming demise, the Clog encourages Berkeley students to put down their books and enjoy their short-lived time on Earth.

We think you’ll agree when we say that BP’s original catastrophic boo-boo pretty much took the cake in terms of all things appallingly apocalyptic. Which is why it’s pretty insanely unreal that in the wake of f***ing up so badly, not only have our good friends down at One Westlake Park failed to clean up their mess—they’ve also somehow managed to make it incalculably worse.

By that, we mean burning endangered sea turtles alive.

And you thought all those images of oil-soaked pelicans were upsetting. Instead of putting out proverbial fires, BP’s setting literal new ones in an attempt to burn through the aftermath of the spill. The “controlled burns” involve cordoning off sections of water between two boats and incinerating everything between them—including the wildlife caught in the middle.

According to Captain Mike Ellis, witness to this latest horrific crime, he at one time had been leading efforts to save the sea turtles—creatures so critically endangered that killing one can cost you up to $50,000 in fines (not to mention the price of your soul). BP has since blocked his efforts, however; and the evidence of their continuing rape of nature is conveniently torched to naught.

Overwhelmed with righteous fury and grief? Well … you could always sign a petition … hope that it makes you feel slightly less distraught. We’re at a loss as to what, at this point, could manage to stop BP’s methodical death march in its tracks.

Image Source: fredsharples under Creative Commons
Boat Captain: BP Burning Sea Turtles Alive [Big Think]
BP Is Burning Sea Turtles Alive, Gulf Captain Says [Fox News]
Earlier: The End of American Apparel?