754128950_3a113c68f2

And BINGO was its name-o.

Admittedly, it’s now much less win than fail, since the multi-million bingo operation that has been corrupting Berkeley’s San Pablo Avenue with its dubious aims and devious schemes finally met its end last week.

We weren’t even aware that many people still played bingo–pre-geriatric stage, anyway. Amazing to say, the parlor in question raked in over five-point-five mil in the second half of 2009 alone–all in the name of a couple of nonprofits, one of which does not in fact exist.

Said nonprofit, one Youth Actors Company, is the brainchild of Ulysses Cooperwood and William Carpenter, both of whom have lost their permit in the wake of complaints vis-a-vis pay-outs in excess of the legal limit, as well as patrons “being cheated out of winnings and the operator’s family winning games.”

Making bingo super lame-o.

Image Source: swissrolli under Creative Commons
City closes Berkeley bingo operation [Mercury News]

büyütücü said:

hey there and thank you for your information – I’ve definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical points using this site, since I experienced to reload the site lots of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and can damage your high-quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I’m adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for much more of your respective fascinating content. Ensure that you update this again soon..