american-apparel

A few months ago, we waxed apocalyptic about what appeared to be American Apparel’s impending financial doom. However, it looked as though AA would slide through, albeit into a more humbled position, as investors offered to loosen some slack and renegotiate loan covenants. Nope.

American Apparel is in deeper doo-doo than ever. The New York Stock Exchange is threatening to delist them and their accountant just quit, saying their numbers might not be reliable. And suffice it to say, a lot is riding on AA keeping those numbers up. In this moment of crisis, AA management has finally come to openly acknowledge the hard truth behind their trouble: “hipster is over.”

Or at least the hipster of the the neon spandex variety – the one that American Apparel created – is over. The quote comes from AA CEO himself, Dov Charney. The company’s denunciation of its aesthetic Frankenstein monster canon will take the form of a transition to prep – that is, more traditional, grown up and fashionably sure-footed items like “blazers, pleated pants, button-down shirts, and more formal lace tops” – which Charney sees as making a comeback.

Bet you never thought you’d see the day that American Apparel goes head to head with J.Crew. Of course, the company intends to maintain its trademark no-frillsness and shameless sex appeal, so we imagine the market it intends to corner is rather still pretty far below and to the left of the likes of Brooks Brothers.

Does American Apparel have the agility to keep pace with its once target demographic as those people start dressing like adults? If so, will this, plus some new management approaches, be enough to raise the company out of its deep deep financial rut? This fall, keep your eye on what will surely be a madly evolving Telegraph Avenue storefront and see.

Image Source: cattias.photos under Creative Commons
American Apparel’s Unhip Finances [Bloomberg Businessweek]
Dov Charney, American Apparel CEO, Declares Hipsterdom “Over” [Village Voice]

Homepage said:

Keep all the articles coming. I love reading through your things. Cheers. 84524

pressure cooker said:

I just like the valuable information you provide to your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and take a look at once more right here frequently. I am slightly sure I’ll learn lots of new stuff right right here! Good luck for the next!

emagrecimento rapido said:

We’ve the WordPress blogs web site utilizing Arras theme. This blog oddly indicates various in unique desktops. With a few computer systems, I see virtually all About three columsn, upon many other Desktop, I see only one. With different PCs, many wiered factors. You need to a person help me..

SEO Services said:

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.

Backlinks said:

This blog is awesome full of usefull information that i was in dire need of.

Wawrzyniec Duda said:

Dobromił Wojciechowski said:

Izaak Dąbrowski said:

dry vagina said:

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so considerably about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I feel which you can do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but rather of that, this really is amazing weblog. A amazing read. I

limo rental nj said:

www.seonewcastle.net.au said:

Wow! This could be one particular of the most helpful blogs We

facials north port said:

As I web-site possessor I believe the content material matter here is rattling amazing , appreciate it for your efforts. You must maintain it up forever! Very best of luck. 481031

ptz said:

Really superb details can be located on weblog . 451947

Fashion Trends said:

Yeah bookmaking this wasn

Scarlett's Toy Box said:

Correct humans speeches should seat as nicely as memorialize around the groom and bride. Beginer sound system around rowdy locations ought to always not forget currently the glowing leadership of a speaking, which is one

current celebrity news said:

I enjoy the beneficial details you supply inside your articles. 354052

Holz Dildos said:

You designed some decent points there. I looked more than the internet for your concern and discovered a lot of people will go along with together along with your internet site. 704899

Zicam said:

Most beneficial human beings toasts need to amuse and present give about the couple. Beginner audio systems previous to obnoxious throngs would be wise to remember often the valuable signal making use of grow to be, which is to be an individual

Ilemi said:

Hi there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so I came to give it a look. I

the benefits of green tea said:

I genuinely enjoy examining on this internet internet site , it has got wonderful posts . 386592

major depression symptoms said:

This is a excellent blog, would you be involved in doing an interview about just how you designed it? If so e-mail me! 292501

used cnc lathes for sale said:

Glad to be one of numerous visitors on this awing website : D. 939280

white shag rugs said:

Hey! I

http://www.makeawebsiteguide.com said:

I used to be a lot more than pleased to seek out this internet-site.. I dont even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was excellent. A whole lot a lot more A rise in Agreeable. 200999

Flirty Texts said:

Aw, this was a actually good post. In concept I wish to put in writing like this in addition ?taking time and actual effort to make an superb post?nonetheless what can I say?I procrastinate alot and by no indicates appear to get something done. 259699

linkloan.com said:

Get started with wales ahead nearly every planking. Ones wales truly are a compilation of huge planks one particular depth advisors definitely will be the identical to the entire hull planking nevertheless with even larger density to successfully thrust outward beyond the planking. planking 112244

Fort Worth Locksmith said:
Jul 22, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I can’t believe how many people didn’t actually read the article.

Win Quibids Auctions said:

I found your internet site through look for engine several moment ago, and luckily, this can be the only info I was searching for the last hours