Hopefully now that school is starting you all have places to live, are no longer sleeping on friends’ couches, and you’ve successfully retrieved the security deposit from your last living arrangement. That is unfortunately not the case for our esteemed university president, a one Mark Yudof.

Except his security deposit was $32,100, paid for by the University of California, and instead of staying on a friend’s couch while looking for new digs he stayed in the Claremont Hotel. He and his wife have now settled into their new place, but left behind damage at the old one, including a scratched marble bathtub, a broken window shade and a whole bunch of damaged plaster from hanging things on the wall.

For real, Mark Yudof, you couldn’t have spackled before you left?

The president of the UC system is traditionally housed in Blake House, but since it currently requires about $10 million in repairs, Yudof’s been renting for the past two or so years.

The money for the house comes out of a private endowment, so it’s not as if your student fees are going directly to repairing the scratch in that marble bathtub.  Even so, in recent months Yudof’s been a major scapegoat for the problems that the university is facing, including tuition increases and resource cutbacks. It’s clear that the university’s problems are a lot bigger than him — but he doesn’t seem to be helping any with behavior like this.

Seriously, Yudof — spackle.

Image Source: Zoriah under Creative Commons
UC President’s Housing Raises Ire and Expense [Bay Citizen]

sarah johnson said:
Feb 9, 2011 at 3:47 am

This is unbelievable. What a complete lack of respect.

garduri said:

clinical diagnosis and medical records…

Wacław Symanski said: