The Clog brings you our weekly assortment of the free, the delightful, and the delightfully free. No one shall rain on our parades this weekend. Because there are no parades! Ha! The joke’s on … um … us?

zombie

The Come Out and Play Festival has organized huge games of Zombie Tag in the past. Yes, Zombie Tag. Awesome.

Friday

Firstly, Cinnaholic cinnamon rolls will be present … but also, Carol J. Adams, author of “The Sexual Politics of Meat” and “The Pornography of Meat,” will be there to relate patriarchy and meat consumption in what is sure to be a compelling Friday afternoon talk.

Superb is showing “Inception” tonight in Wheeler for only a few bucks (w/ student ID), while 111 Minna, near the Metreon, is presenting Post:Ballet, a free contemporary ballet performance, in its spacious galleries — a 21+ show (we’re not sure why). For everyone else, there’s the Come Out and Play Festival, with games like Pigeon Pinata Pummel and Cham Ball, described as “dodgeball meets martial arts and fifteen feet of rope.” We’ve been assured that no pigeons (and few humans) will be injured in the proceedings.

Saturday

The Cal football team is playing against Arizona State University in a bid to regain its pride after last week’s loss. At the same time, ballroom dancers are competing for their own prize/pride at the UC Ballroom Dancers Beginners’ Competition, to which students are invited to drop in, at any time, to watch or cheer. Later in the day, Berkeley Community Media presents its 4th Annual Horror Film Festival, just one of many pre-Halloween events all week long, because the right to dress up in otherwise socially unacceptable outfits, from axe murderers to slutty (fill in the blank with anything here)’s, shouldn’t be limited to only one day out of the year.

Along the lines of pre-Halloween partying, SF IndieFest is throwing a Roller Disco Costume Party (it’s exactly what it sounds like) that’s free with a DocFest ticket stub (that’s right, watch a hip documentary and get into a roller-skating, Saturday-Night-Fevering frenzy for free or just wear a costume and get in for $5). Also, a theater troupe, We Players, are taking over all of Alcatraz to perform a donation-based interactive and appropriately eery rendition of “Hamlet.”

Finally, the Metreon is hosting an Indie Bazaar to celebrate the unique fashion sense and musical tastes of indie kids everywhere; vendors will be hawking trendy clothing and musical guests will be performing all afternoon.

Sunday

The last Sunday Streets of the year is this Sunday, but considering how it’ll be wet and cold and all-around dreary, the few who show up will likely be, well, weak and weary. At the SF Amoeba, jazz guitarist Bill Frisell is performing, while Berkeley’s Rasputin hosts a different jazz musician, Dave Mihaly. Also, the Come Out and Play Festival and performances of “Hamlet” on Alcatraz continue (see above), so there’s the silver lining, at least, to a very real and very gray sky of clouds up above.

Image source: laughingsquid via Creative Commons

Coletta Shambrook said:
Jul 16, 2011 at 8:42 am

Hey there would you mind stating which blog platform you’re using? I’m planning to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a difficult time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something unique. P.S My apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

dreambox said:

The new Zune browser is surprisingly good, but not as good as the iPod’s. It works well, but isn’t as fast as Safari, and has a clunkier interface. If you occasionally plan on using the web browser that’s not an issue, but if you’re planning to browse the web alot from your PMP then the iPod’s larger screen and better browser may be important.

dreambox said:

Sorry for the huge review, but I’m really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.

evden eve nakliyat nankara said:

evden eve nakliyat nankara said:

Apple now has Rhapsody as an app, which is a great start, but it is currently hampered by the inability to store locally on your iPod, and has a dismal 64kbps bit rate. If this changes, then it will somewhat negate this advantage for the Zune, but the 10 songs per month will still be a big plus in Zune Pass’ favor.

evden eve nakliyat said:

I’ll gear this review to 2 types of people: current Zune owners who are considering an upgrade, and people trying to decide between a Zune and an iPod. (There are other players worth considering out there, like the Sony Walkman X, but I hope this gives you enough info to make an informed decision of the Zune vs players other than the iPod line as well.)

evden eve nakliyat said:

The Zune concentrates on being a Portable Media Player. Not a web browser. Not a game machine. Maybe in the future it’ll do even better in those areas, but for now it’s a fantastic way to organize and listen to your music and videos, and is without peer in that regard. The iPod’s strengths are its web browsing and apps. If those sound more compelling, perhaps it is your best choice.

samsung 1080p hdtv said:

I agree with a lot of the info in this article. You have made this content interesting and clear so it’s understood where you stand. http://www.samsung1080phdtv.net/

sesli chat said:

sesli chat said:

görüntülü sohbet said:

Wacław Symanski said:

dreambox said:

This is getting a bit more subjective, but I much prefer the Zune Marketplace. The interface is colorful, has more flair, and some cool features like ‘Mixview’ that let you quickly see related albums, songs, or other users related to what you’re listening to. Clicking on one of those will center on that item, and another set of “neighbors” will come into view, allowing you to navigate around exploring by similar artists, songs, or users. Speaking of users, the Zune “Social” is also great fun, letting you find others with shared tastes and becoming friends with them. You then can listen to a playlist created based on an amalgamation of what all your friends are listening to, which is also enjoyable. Those concerned with privacy will be relieved to know you can prevent the public from seeing your personal listening habits if you so choose.

dreambox said:

Hands down, Apple’s app store wins by a mile. It’s a huge selection of all sorts of apps vs a rather sad selection of a handful for Zune. Microsoft has plans, especially in the realm of games, but I’m not sure I’d want to bet on the future if this aspect is important to you. The iPod is a much better choice in that case.

görüntülü sohbet said:

görüntülü sohbet said:

Spotify said:

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I’ve really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!

Fabiola Rumpf said:
Jun 6, 2012 at 9:55 pm

I feel one of your ads initiated my internet browser to resize, you may well want to get that on your blacklist.

temizlik said:
Jul 29, 2012 at 2:44 pm

The new Zune browser is surprisingly good,but not as good as the iPod’s. It works well, but isn’t as fast as Safari, and has a clunkier interface. If you occasionally plan on using the web browser that’s not an issue, but if you’re planning to browse the web alot from your PMP then the iPod’s larger screen and better browser may be important.

turkey escorts said:

click here said:

I’ll complain that you have copied material from another supply