pupster

We at the Clog are full of love and ready to pour our adoration directly into a pet’s heart. If you have not yet developed a passion for cuddling with cute animals, all those YouTube videos should do the trick.

Before you rush out to buy your own baby puglet, we want to remind you that deciding where to get your pet is important. If you have a big heart and not a lot of money, you may consider the Berkeley East-Bay Humane Society. The Society is a nonprofit organization built over 80 years ago, whose facility burned down on May 20, 2010. Fortunately, they are taking steps toward recovery, though the process is a difficult one (and by difficult we mean expensive.)Estimates predict that full recovery will cost about $4 million minimum and so far they have collected $600,000 from over 4000 donors. So they only need $3 million more … no biggie, right?

Yeeeaaaa … no. The Society really needs cash donations. If anyone is feeling generous, cash donations can be made online at www.BerkeleyHumane.org, by the phone at (510) 845-7735, ext. 204 or by mailing a check to the Berkeley-East Bay Humane Society, Attn: Development Department, 2700 Ninth Street, Berkeley, CA 94710.

Or you can become a parent to one of these animals. Just make sure you can actually take care of them — we’ve heard too many stories about college students with lonesome, rejected pets. Don’t let your animal look like this.

Image Source: wsilver under Creative Commons
Berkeley East-Bay Human Society is back to saving lives [San Francisco Examiner]

Korneli Ostrowski said: