3019392695_ae5a3620e5_bSometimes we have small, shining moments in which the universe offers us absolutely nothing to complain about. Hard to believe, we know.

This past Tuesday definitely produced more than its fair share thereof, beginning with our arrival at the PFA for the semi-secret screening of a Feist documentary that, up until purchasing tickets, we weren’t convinced was actually going down due to a strange reticence on the part of the PFA’s site.

And of course it all peaked when, sitting in the theatre pre-show and taking in our hipster-heavy surroundings, we watched agape as Leslie Feist went casually strolling by.

We’ll skip the starstruck exclamatories (omg she was only like six seats away!) and get to the film itself, which is as infectious a delight as the talented songstress at its core. “Look at What the Light Did Now” is much less of a biographical account than an intimate look at the creative process behind Feist’s work — specifically, her album “The Reminder” — with particular emphasis on the artistic collaboration that produces what she describes as “making the audible visible.”

The result is a kaleidoscopic encounter with the Canadian musician’s “amplifiers” — a team including but not limited to puppeteers, photographers and assorted fellow musicians — and the effervescent beauty that grows out of their visionary accord. From setting off fireworks in the video for “I Feel It All,” to contented weeks recording in a cavernous French mansion, to the clay finger-paintings projected onto backdrops at her shows, we find Feist and her collaborators putting together some really wonderful art — and having a damn good time while they’re at it.

This spirit of collectivity was no less palpable in the Q and A session following the film, wherein Feist, director Patrick Daughters, photographer Mary Rozzi and conceptual craftswoman Simone Rubi repeatedly affirmed the power of artistic coalition in creating something so much greater than the sum of its parts.

Howsoever “Look at What the Light Did Now” seeks to instruct, its overwhelming effect is absolutely to inspire; we challenge anyone to spend that interval in Feist’s company and not come away also amplified, shining just a little bit brighter.

Image Source: [AJ] under Creative Commons

I think this is among the most significant info for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But should remark on few general things, The website style is perfect, the articles is really nice : D. Good job, cheers