bookDo you have a book you’ve been working on? Are you the next Mark Twain/Ernest Hemingway/Victor Hugo/whatever? Turns out you may have a chance to prove it, if you’re ready to put a small amount of money where your mouth is. Chronicle Books is holding a “Pitch for Charity” event from 3-5 p.m. on Dec. 8 at 680 2nd Street in San Francisco. The deal is this: for a suggested donation of $10 to go to Habitat for Humanity, you’ll get to meet briefly with a Chronicle Books editor and tell them why they absolutely must take advantage of the opportunity to publish your work.

You should come prepared with a five-minute pitch, a cover sheet for your piece and a few sample pages. For more information, see the Chronicle Books Blog post and submission guidelines. And it looks like they’re no longer accepting adult fiction submissions, so that novel you’ve got kicking around will have to wait.

Image Source: lo83 under Creative Commons
Earlier: See a Movie Tonight that Isn’t Harry Potter
Pitch for Charity [Chronicle Books Blog]

Thanks for sharing superb informations. Your web-site is so cool. I’m impressed by the details that you have on this site. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for extra articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found simply the information I already searched everywhere and simply could not come across. What an ideal web-site.

Lindsey Parlato said:

That is very attention-grabbing, You are an excessively professional blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to searching for extra of your magnificent post. Additionally, I’ve shared your website in my social networks!