4830461080_b2dfce85f7

Hey Berkeley! It’s been a while (kind of) since we last took a stand on a politically contentious issue, alienating ourselves from much of red state/middle America. Is this a bad thing? A good thing? Well, that depends on your opinion, but here’s another stand-taking that might get ugly: Berkeley City Council is now thinking of honoring the man who allegedly leaked the first set of documents.

The Council will vote on Tuesday of next week on “a resolution to honor” Pfc. Bradley Manning, the guy suspected to be behind many of the leaks (including the leak of a video of a US bomb strike on civilians). It was drafted by City Peace and Justice Commissioner Bob Meola who told the AP that Manning should get a medal.

Unsurprisingly, Fox News has already weighed in on the issue with the classy headline “Berkeley Gives America the Middle Finger.” The headline is followed by a picture of a giant flag, in case you didn’t already get the extreme subtlety of their message.

We would wager a good amount of our freedom that this issue is going to get a lot of hackles up on both sides. So how about it, Clog fans? Whaddya think?

Image source: alexcovic under Creative Commons
Berkeley Council weighs honoring accused in WikiLeaks case [Associated Press] via Oakland Tribune

international private proxy said:
Feb 8, 2012 at 8:34 pm

I am typically to blogging and i truly appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your internet site and maintain checking for new facts.

Grzegorz Pawłowski said:

Win Quibids Penny Auctions said:

Thanks for the nice blog. I enjoy your writing.

Crysis 3 hacks and cheats said:

I got this web page from my pal who shared with me concerning this
web site and at the moment this time I am browsing this website and reading very informative posts at this place.