dorm

Our school needs more residence halls. The Long-Range Development Plan points out the need for housing for 1,600 more students. Part of that need is currently being taken care of as the charming plot of land facing People’s Park east of Telegraph between Haste and Channing is on its way to holding UC Berkeley’s new residence hall.

Sadly, Berkeley has one of the most expensive residence housing prices in the country ranging from about $15,714 a year for a single in dorms like Stern or Unit 1 or 3 and up to $17,000 a year for Clark Kerr.

The new building will have 424 beds in a 4 to 6 story complex. It is set to open in 2012 when it will hold 160 sophomores and 224 upper level classmen — for those upper level students still willing to pay that kind of money for housing.

A university report announced:

“The residential units are located around courtyards which provide usable outdoor areas for social gatherings or quiet study and which provide for outdoor views, maximum natural ventilation, thermal mass and daylight. One of the courtyards is designed around a Queensland Kauri‐Pine, which is identified as a rare specimen tree for the Bay Area.”

We’re not too into university residence halls but that Kauri-Pine does sound pretty cool…

Image Source: litlnemo under Creative Commons
New student housing in Berkeley’s southside [Berkeleyside]

Mezzanine Debt said:

I have been surfing online greater than three hours lately, yet I never discovered any attention-grabbing article like yours. It’s beautiful value enough for me. Personally, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content material as you did, the web will probably be much more helpful than ever before.

online electronics said:

Get popular electronics…..

[...]The facts mentioned within the report are a number of the most beneficial accessible [...]…

fly mouse said:

This actually answered my drawback, thank you!

ray ban wayfarer sunglasses said:

Thanks for your publiction. Another point is that to be a photographer entails not only difficulties in recording award-winning photographs and also hardships in getting the best camera suited to your needs and most especially problems in maintaining the quality of your camera. That is very real and obvious for those photography lovers that are into capturing the actual nature’s fascinating scenes – the mountains, the actual forests, the actual wild or maybe the seas. Going to these amazing places definitely requires a photographic camera that can surpass the wild’s hard landscapes.

Alvina Manwarren said:

very nice post, i certainly love this website, keep on it

Residential Treatment Centers said:

Greetings from Carolina! I’m bored to tears at work so I decided to check out your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the knowledge you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m shocked at how fast your blog loaded on my phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, wonderful site!

Anastazy Dudek said:

Security Light said:

I not to mention my friends ended up following the excellent things on your website then then developed a horrible feeling I had not thanked the web blog owner for those techniques. My young men had been consequently glad to see all of them and have in effect undoubtedly been loving these things. Many thanks for turning out to be well helpful and also for choosing this kind of really good resources millions of individuals are really desirous to understand about. My personal honest regret for not expressing appreciation to earlier.

mydirtyhobby said:

whoah this blog is magnificent i love reading your articles. Keep up the good work! You know, lots of people are looking around for this information, you could help them greatly.

Longer Lasting Erections said:

Hiya, I’m really glad I’ve found this info. Today bloggers publish just about gossips and net and this is really irritating. A good blog with exciting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I’ll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Cant find it.

Transgenic Mice said:

I’ll right away grab your rss as I can’t find your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Kindly let me know so that I could subscribe. Thanks.