1518129740_54e6495fd1By NBD we of course mean that we might be somewhat losing our sh*t.

It’s true, folks—Ms. Oates will be gracing our campus with her inspired presence on Thursday, Feb. 10 to speak in Sibley Auditorium. Her appearance is part of the Townsend Center for the Humanities’ Avenali lecture series, which names a distinguished scholar as honorary Chair in the Humanities for one week every year.

The lecture is free (YUSSSS), but ticketed, so you know the drill: Show up at Sibley as early as possible on the day of (but not before us, please) and hope you can snag a ticket when they start handing them out at 5 p.m. Ms. Oates’ lecture begins at 6 p.m. and will address “The Writer’s (Secret) Life: Rejection, Woundedness and Inspiration,” which promises to leave us just as existentially unsettled as does her fiction.

We totes will see you there.

Image Source: halighalie under Creative Commons
Author Joyce Carol Oates to give public lecture on the UC Berkeley campus [Mercury News]

emu360v1.4 said:

Magnificent publish, very informative. I ponder why the opposite experts of this sector do not notice this. You should proceed your writing. I’m confident, you have a great readers’ base already!|What’s Happening i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It absolutely useful and it has aided me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution and assist other customers like its helped me. Good job.