fried oreoIf the words Man Vs. Food or Ace of Cakes seem far too familiar to you, then you have probably done more than your fair share of tuning in to the ultra famous Food Network. Like many shows on the network, the recent addition, Outrageous Food, seeks to find … well … just that: Outrageous food. And where better to go when looking for something outrageous than our very own Berkeley?

Though Berktown is filled to the brim with all its wacky places to eat, host of Outrageous Food, Tom Pizzica, took particular interest in Sumo Grub — a restaurant taking “heart-stopping food” literally with its wide selection of fried foods. Just imagine — fried patties, fried Twinkies, fried Oreos, and fried macaroni and cheese — all in one dish (if you’re interested, this item is called “Six Feet Under,” and goes for a whopping $45). Sum, the owner of Sumo Grub, also owns Berkeley Thai House and thus offers a diverse menu, including Asian food, burgers and salads; he calls it “a fusion.” Reviews for the joint have been “reluctantly appreciative.” In other words, it’s delicious but it might kill you faster.

Image Source: Benjamin Ragheb under Creative Commons
Sumo Grub’s outrageous food captures TV attention [Berkeleyside]

Korneli Ostrowski said:

Glad to be one of the visitants on this awesome web site : D.

Hey just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the images aren’t loading correctly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same outcome.