4097561067_16cf6986ec

New findings by UC Berkeley researchers indicate that sleep is no longer pointless, as some of us may believe, especially during midterm season. Sleep does not waste precious study time, in fact, it helps us study better and retain more information. Sleep waves called “sleep spindles,” generated during sleep, work on our memory systems and learning functions. An experiment involving two groups of students, one with no sleep, and the other with a sufficient amount of sleep was conducted. These students attempted to learn the same information, yet those with more sleep in their system performed better. Not only do you have an excuse to sleep more, but you also have an excuse to study less!

Now who said all- nighters take us to the path of success?  Prove them wrong; go get some good shut eye, and ace that midterm!

Earlier: Feel Worse About Your Favorite Treat
Image Source: DigitalBob8 Under Creative Commons
As We Sleep, Speedy Brain Waves Boost our Ability to Learn [UC Berkeley News Center]

Posted in: News,The Specials
Tags:, ,
Comments (2)
Print This Post Print This Post

Uphomforp said:

You are devastated. vow Once located, it is just a matter of finding exactly which lure and presentation will make those bass go totally unhinged. http://lopolikumino.com There have been numerous advances in dairy farming production methods, aiming to increase the productivity of specific tracts of land with new and improved inputs. neuritis The 3DS has more powerful graphics and better communication abilities and the much lighter DS just cannot compete against the 3DS. Many people keep winter parties indoors, since their cold-weather gardens are less than attractive. Views from the Naples Pier offer fantastic, radiant sunsets and awesome views of Millionaires’ Row from the Gulf side.

long feather earrings wholesale said:

Thank you an incredible publish, can examine your personal others posts. many thanks for your ideas for this, I felt a lttle bit made an impact to by this short article. Merit again! You make a good time. Has excellent facts here. I believe that in case a greater number thought of it that way, they’d have got a better moment in time get the grasp ofing the difficulty.