809036300_b087807559

Fact: all-nighters are our favorite way to crank out last-minute, P.O.S. papers. The time crunch and general haze of sleeplessness do wonders for numbing our guilty conscience.

Not that the exhausted delirium that follows is always fun. And according to new research out of UC Berkeley and Harvard, said derangement goes beyond really, really wanting a nap.

Apparently, that “short-term euphoria” can “potentially lead to poor judgment and addictive behavior.” Which, as far as we’re concerned, usually translates to a sh*t ton of caffeine and the conviction that our professor will be wildly impressed with the quality of our work.

The people that this study really applies to, though, are those making “high-stakes decisions.” Meaning, our rampant narcissism aside, surgeons and pilots and such — not us.

Although we do seriously regret turning in that paper.

Image Source: corrieb under Creative Commons
Pulling an all-nighter can bring on euphoria and risky behavior [News Center]

Posted in: Sci/Tech
Tags:,
Comments (2)
Print This Post Print This Post

görüntülü sohbet said:

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I’ve really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!

Win Quibids said:

Can I just say what a relief to find an individual who truly knows what theyre talking about over a internet. You genuinely know how to bring an trouble to light and make it important. Additional men and women have to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant consider youre not a lot more well-liked simply because you genuinely have the gift.