112631-03.06.yogurt.ZHOU-copy-01

Whoever branded the “old is gold” cliché gets props for keeping these words alive even today. Consumers thrive for the newest and the hottest, yet the already established stores occupy a spot in people’s hearts. You would think with the opening of a cute little shop that sells delicious ice cream cookies would steal the business away from all the neighbors with similar products.

Think again. Though CREAM collects unbearably long lines that snake out the door, Michelle’s Yogurt & Sweets is still home to many foodies. Maybe it’s because the healthy option of yogurt makes us feel less guilty. Maybe self serve gives us power. Whatever the reason, for both sugar sellers, life is sweet in the Berkeley side.  Nice to see that all is fair in the world of om noms!

Image Source: Tony Zhou, Daily Californian
Frozen yogurt remains popular despite CREAM’s opening [Daily Californian]

antykwariat said:

Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it’s truly informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

fruit mocking party said:

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get several emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thank you!