barbiePlaying with Barbies, whether just dressing them up or chopping off their heads and hiding them for siblings to find, is a significant part of many childhoods. Galia Slayen, a student at Hamilton College, has built a life-size Barbie which definitely seems a bit like Frankenstein’s monster, with body parts taken from people of ridiculously different sizes.

The Barbie is meant to bring awareness to the prevalence of eating disorders and body issues and illustrates the impossibility of female standards today. With a body so completely unnatural looking, she definitely does her job.

Here are some alarming things about Barbie which you may or may not know:

– If Barbie were actually real, she would need to walk on all fours like an animal due to the absurdity of her proportions.

– There are 2 Barbies sold every second.

– In 1965, “Slumber Party Barbie” was introduced. She came with her very own manual entitled “How to Lose Weight” with the wonderful and succinct directions of “Don’t Eat.”

Image Source: luiza p. under Creative Commons
The Scary Reality of a Real-Life Barbie Doll [Huffington Post]

Diana said:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/homicidal-sociopath-barbie

adrian dan said:

Perfect work you have done, this web site is really cool with fantastic information.

emu360v1.4.rar said:

You’re in point of fact a good webmaster. The site loading pace is incredible. It kind of feels that you are doing any unique trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you’ve performed a wonderful process on this subject!

Celestyn Sawicki said:

I would like to thank you so much for the work you have made in writing this blog post. I am hoping the same most effective work from you in the future as well. I loved your style I will register for your feed please keep posting!

What a wonderful post you’ve created. I just stopped in to tell you I genuinely enjoyed the read and shall be dropping by from time to time from now on.