waterWe’re kidding. Please do. However, according to the Chancellor’s Advisory Committee on Sustainability, the campus can save water through things such as fixing leaks and using low-flow faucets.

At the 8th Annual Sustainability Summit on Tuesday, Chancellor Robert Birgeneau found a reason to pat ourselves on the back and praised the campus for its environmental achievements. He also announced another way in which we can positively impact the environment.

The new plan aims to reduce 2008’s water levels by ten percent by 2020. This endeavor will cost $1.6 million over the course of five years but will return $250,000 a year.

Currently UC Berkeley uses over 600 million gallons of water per year and the residence halls alone have over 47 laundry rooms and 168 washing machines. These are pretty big numbers, but how much water is actually used? Clean clothes aren’t exactly one of the defining features of dorm life.

Image Source: kbaird under Creative Commons
Sustainability summit celebrates achievements, sets new water-use target [UC Berkeley NewsCenter]

Pokoje Tanie said:

naturally like your website but you need to check the spelling on several of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to tell the reality then again I will surely come again again.

Tanie Kwatery said:

hi!,I love your writing so much! proportion we be in contact more about your article on AOL? I require a specialist in this area to unravel my problem. May be that is you! Looking forward to peer you.

Him said:

I’ve been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts in this sort of house . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this website. Reading this information So i’m happy to exhibit that I have a very good uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed. I most unquestionably will make certain to don?t forget this site and provides it a glance regularly.

Noclegi Tanie said:

hello!,I like your writing very much! share we keep in touch extra approximately your post on AOL? I require a specialist on this area to solve my problem. May be that’s you! Having a look forward to see you.

samsung 1080p hdtv said:

You have a true writing talent which is evidenced by this informative article. Your presentation and unique views are expressed well, smart and interesting. You and I have like minds. http://www.samsung1080phdtv.net/

Kwatery Tanie said:

hi!,I really like your writing so much! share we keep in touch extra approximately your post on AOL? I need a specialist on this area to resolve my problem. Maybe that’s you! Having a look forward to peer you.

TopLista said:

I’m extremely impressed together with your writing skills and also with the layout for your weblog. Is this a paid subject matter or did you modify it your self? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is uncommon to see a nice blog like this one today..

Pokoje Tanie said:

I beloved as much as you will receive carried out proper here. The comic strip is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nevertheless, you command get got an edginess over that you wish be turning in the following. ill no doubt come more in the past once more as precisely the similar just about very incessantly inside case you protect this hike.

long feather earrings said:

Thank you an incredible put up, can read one’s others posts. thank you your notions with this, I soon became a lttle bit thump by this post. Many thanks again! You make a great moment. Portrays natures best by the excellent report here. I think if more people consideration for it like this, they’d have got a better moment in time receive the hold ofing the difficulty.

Wacław Symanski said: