4222265483_a02d1b5345

It was with an almost inappropriate level of excitement that the Clog learned of Sarah Shourd’s plan to speak at UC Berkeley tomorrow afternoon. Like many around the world, we’ve been following the story of Shourd, Josh Fattal and Shane Bauer quite obsessively ever since the three Berkeley grads were detained while hiking near the border between Iraq and Iran in July 2009.

From their imprisonment and charges of spying to President Ahmadinejad’s generally uncooperative douchebaggery — from a much-celebrated engagement to Shourd’s release last September due to a lump in her breast — it’s been quite the emotional roller coaster where the trio is concerned, particularly given that Fattal and Bauer remain incarcerated pending the purported “final decision” on their case by this coming August.

All things considered, Sunday’s discussion panel, which will be hosted by the Berkeley Lecture Series in 20 Barrows Hall at 4 p.m., promises to be something of a tear-jerker — or maybe we’re just speaking for ourselves. Shourd will be there with the families of Fattal and Bauer, and the Clog will be there with a tissue box.

We’ll let you know how it goes.

Image Source: Bombardier under Creative Commons
Former detained hiker to speak on campus [Daily Cal]

cheap hugo boss polos said:

Many thanks for supplying people with extremely pleasant chance to study in detail from this blog. It’s usually so amazing and also jam-packed with many different enjoyable for me personally and my personal workplace acquaintances to talk to your weblog from minimal three times per week to determine the newest things you may have. And certainly, I’m additionally usually satisfied in regards to the terrific ideas a person serve. Certain two facts in this post are actually the best we now have experienced.

a3718694 said:

I’ve said that least 3718694 times. SKC was here…