Closed for business... forever

No, no, don’t worry, you can’t get rid of us that easily. The Library Bookstore, however, is far more mortal than The Daily Clog. Wait — what? Another bookstore is closing? We sarcastically find this news impossible to believe.

Sadly, it appears that the Library Bookstore will soon become the latest victim in an alarmingly long list of bookstore closings in the Bay Area. Because of school budget cuts that have forced a library-wide hiring freeze and the retirement of Frank Carothers, the bookstore manager for almost 30 years, the business will forever close its doors on Thursday, June 30.

Needless to say, we at the Clog are troubled by the loss of a bookstore that has provided us with $1 sales on VHS tapes (yes, some of us still have that ancient contraption called the VCR and the last time we checked, they had some classic Cohen films in their collection) and a fairly wide selection of wacky books from all fields.

Fortunately, the books and tapes that remain after closing day will be carried at library book sale events throughout the year. Which is a relief considering our prior suspicions that they would be used to help fuel the next Big Game bonfire.

The Library Bookstore is located at 132 Doe Library and is open Monday – Thursday, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.

Image Source: bondidwhat under Creative Commons
Library Bookstore Closes June 30 [UCB Library Blog]

click here said:

Thanks for an unbelievable put up, would see one’s others reviews. i appreciate your thoughts with this, I felt a trifle strike by this article. Thanks again again! You wanna make a good time. Portrays natures best by the wonderful info here. I feel that in case a greater number of people thought of it like that, they’d have a better moment in time receive the hold ofing the difficulty.