elmoMeet “earthquake safety Elmo.” He will save you from earthquakes in Japan. Or revive you with irritating laughter. We assume that’s what the Japanese above his head says.

Here in Berkeley, we get extravagant displays of emergency preparedness instead, ones meant to reassure us that we’re in good hands (even if they’re not fuzzy or red).

From 8 a.m. to 12 noon on Friday, expect mock victims, complete with labels and fake injuries, by Wurster and Stanley Halls. 2,500 randomly selected WarnMe subscribers will receive test messages. The campus’ public address system and sirens will go off. Police and fire department officials will be on scene. Madness and mayhem will (ideally) not ensue.

This year’s annual emergency drill theme is “Resilience 2011.” The mock scenario? An earthquake causes an explosion on campus, and everyone calmly and resiliently endures. Mock scenario, indeed …

Image source: kalavinka under Creative Commons
Emergency drill set for Friday [UCB Newscenter]

evden eve nakliyat ankara said:

Apple now has Rhapsody as an app, which is a great start, but it is currently hampered by the inability to store locally on your iPod, and has a dismal 64kbps bit rate. If this changes, then it will somewhat negate this advantage for the Zune, but the 10 songs per month will still be a big plus in Zune Pass’ favor.

dreambox said:

The Zune concentrates on being a Portable Media Player. Not a web browser. Not a game machine. Maybe in the future it’ll do even better in those areas, but for now it’s a fantastic way to organize and listen to your music and videos, and is without peer in that regard. The iPod’s strengths are its web browsing and apps. If those sound more compelling, perhaps it is your best choice.

evden eve nakliyat nankara said:

Sorry for the huge review, but I’m really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.

evden eve nakliyat said:

samsung 1080p hdtv said:

I am bookmarking your article because I feel I need to read it again once I have thought about some of the points you made. http://www.samsung1080phdtv.net/

sesli chat said:

sesli chat said:

Between me and my husband we’ve owned more MP3 players over the years than I can count, including Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few years I’ve settled down to one line of players. Why? Because I was happy to discover how well-designed and fun to use the underappreciated (and widely mocked) Zunes are.

görüntülü sohbet said:

görüntülü sohbet said:

Stanisław Jabłoński said:

dreambox said:

dreambox said:

görüntülü sohbet said:

Zune and iPod: Most people compare the Zune to the Touch, but after seeing how slim and surprisingly small and light it is, I consider it to be a rather unique hybrid that combines qualities of both the Touch and the Nano. It’s very colorful and lovely OLED screen is slightly smaller than the touch screen, but the player itself feels quite a bit smaller and lighter. It weighs about 2/3 as much, and is noticeably smaller in width and height, while being just a hair thicker.

görüntülü sohbet said:

Hands down, Apple’s app store wins by a mile. It’s a huge selection of all sorts of apps vs a rather sad selection of a handful for Zune. Microsoft has plans, especially in the realm of games, but I’m not sure I’d want to bet on the future if this aspect is important to you. The iPod is a much better choice in that case.

sohbet chat siteleri said:

Definitely believe that that you said. Your favourite justification seemed to be on the internet the easiest thing to understand of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while other folks consider worries that they plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and defined out the whole thing with no need side effect , people can take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thank you!

sex said:
Jul 27, 2012 at 6:14 am

playboy porno said:
Jul 27, 2012 at 7:15 am

Tesbih said:

ukash said:
Aug 11, 2012 at 12:17 pm

dalyan said:

Dalyan İztuzu plajı beach Caretta Caretta kaplumbağalar turtles Kaunos Caunos Kral mezarları King Tombs Dalyan Deltası Sazlıklar tekne turu boat tour gün batımı turu moonlight trip 12 adalar turu 12 islands mavi yengeç blue crab çamur banyosu mud baths termal su thermal water sultaniye kaplıcaları june haimoff nehir yuvarlakçay hamam sauna masaj turkish hamam massage carting atv rafting yamaç paraşütü paragliding dalyana ulaşım.

Shawna Ibraham said:
Feb 5, 2013 at 5:16 am

I’d need to verify with you here. Which isn’t something I often do! I take pleasure in reading a post that could make men and women think. In addition, thanks for permitting me to comment!