Go Bears!

We couldn’t help but feel a little teary-eyed after Danny Fry’s closing statement and the unfortunate realization that the ride is actually over — Cal baseball’s Cinderella season has officially ended. As much as we really hoped our team would swing their bats all the way to a championship trophy, we at the Clog understand that this should not be a time for disappointment but for celebration. Cal baseball, against all possible odds, showed true Golden Bear valor throughout a tumultuous season that began with an uncertain future and ended at college baseball’s biggest stage.

In September, Cal baseball became one of five sports cut by the college because of budgeting. These cuts were set to begin during the 2011-2012 school year, meaning that this would have been Cal baseball’s final season. Nine months later, a reinstated baseball team ended their “never-say-die” season in Omaha, Nebraska. While they did come a few wins short of a championship trophy, this team is definitely not going home empty-handed.

In May, sophomore second baseman Tony Renda was named the Pac-10 player of the year, becoming only the third Golden Bear to receive this prestigious award.

A week later, Cal demonstrated its resilience to the country as they knocked in four runs in the final inning of an elimination game to upset Baylor 9-8 and move on to the Super Regionals.

After dominating the Super Regionals against Dallas Baptist, Cal, the team that played every game like it was the program’s last even after their reinstatement, managed to reach the College World Series for only the sixth time in school history.

Finally, before achieving their first College World Series victory in 31 years, Cal coach David Esquer was named the National Coach of the Year.

Although there won’t be a third national championship trophy added to our display case, this Cal team (uh-oh, here comes the cliché) collectively showed the hearts of champions, leading us to propose that there still be a grand victory parade held on Telegraph Avenue next week. While we will allow someone else to plan it, we do ask that there be blue and gold confetti with each of the players’ Facebook profile pictures hand-painted onto each confetto.

Congratulations Cal baseball and thank you for the amazing ride! You made us all proud!

Image Source: BlakeRead under Creative Commons
Cal Eliminated By Virginia; Bears’ Season Over [SFGate]

Sarah Hahn said:

My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find nearly all of your post’s to be precisely what I’m looking for. Would you offer guest writers to write content to suit your needs? I wouldn’t mind composing a post or elaborating on some of the subjects you write concerning here. Again, awesome web log!

Szkoły jazdy Krosno said:

Wonderful blog you have here but I was wondering if you knew of any community forums that cover the same topics talked about in this article? I’d really like to be a part of online community where I can get advice from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Cheers!

electronic said:

Get popular electronics…..

[...]The data mentioned inside the article are several of the best offered [...]…

Kink On Demand said:

Good post and straight to the point. I am not sure if this is actually the best place to ask but do you guys have any ideea where to hire some professional writers? Thanks :)

Sarina Moyd said:

You have noted very interesting points ! ps nice internet site . “Never take the advice of someone who has not had your kind of trouble.” by Sydney J. Harris.

Acai Berry Scam said:

An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that you should write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

Transgenic Mice said:

Thanks for expressing your ideas. I would also like to express that video games have been at any time evolving. Technology advances and innovative developments have served create practical and interactive games. These kinds of entertainment games were not as sensible when the actual concept was being used. Just like other designs of know-how, video games also have had to grow via many many years. This itself is testimony towards fast growth of video games.

Teens Boarding schools said:

Hi there are using WordPress for your blog platform? I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and create my own. Do you need any coding expertise to make your own blog? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

DancingBear said:

Do you have a spam issue on this blog; I also am a blogger, and I was wanting to know your situation; many of us have developed some nice practices and we are looking to exchange methods with others, why not shoot me an email if interested.

Forex ea said:

I like the efforts you have put in this, thank you for all the great posts.

atlanta online marketing said:

One thing I have actually noticed is always that there are plenty of common myths regarding the banking institutions intentions when talking about property foreclosure. One misconception in particular is the bank desires your house. The lending company wants your cash, not your own home. They want the bucks they lent you with interest. Avoiding the bank will undoubtedly draw any foreclosed final result. Thanks for your article.

HALI YIKAMA said:

Great Post. Wowww…