resurected recordingScientists at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) are raising the dead, you might say, if by “the dead” you mean sound recordings that are old and super banged up. The phrase “damaged beyond repair” is getting a serious ass kicking from scientists like Dr. Carl Haber his team of fearless researchers.

By applying methods used in high energy physics to recorded voice patterns, this innovative bunch has found a way to give sounds from the past a new voice. The science itself gets a wee bit tricky, but it involves a light beam scanning surfaces and deciphering the peaks and troughs it finds into something audible.

So maybe it’s a little like creating sound zombies, but until the recordings start running around trying to eat us, we’re going to go ahead and say that this is pretty darn cool.

Image Source: lucianvenutian under Creative Commons
Scientists build software to resurrect old recordings [abc7 news]

antykwariat said:

Needed to send you a little remark to thank you very much the moment again on the lovely tips you’ve featured here. It was quite pretty generous of people like you to provide openly what a few people would’ve distributed as an e book in making some profit on their own, most importantly since you could have tried it in case you decided. These ideas additionally acted to provide a fantastic way to know that other individuals have similar keenness just as my personal own to realize many more with regards to this condition. I am sure there are millions of more fun instances up front for individuals who browse through your blog.

Wendie Gaddie said:

It really is organic, it is simply your flesh, sometimes it has been expanded or nicked, leaving behind fresh new pores and skin therefore it is even now sensative