Yea, we can’t either.

A study by UC Berkeley professor Robert Levenson and his grad student James Gross has scientifically determined the saddest movie (or movie scene) of all time. To our astonishment — even though millions recently walked out of theatres bawling their eyes out — it wasn’t “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two” (we’ll let it slide only because this study was completed in 1995).

After evaluating hundreds of films and film clips, Levenson and Gross chose 16 scenes that would cause a certain emotion and found that the final scene in the 1978 film “The Champ” consistently made their test subjects sad. The scene shows a child crying hysterically after his father dies at the end of a championship-boxing match. The father wins the title but it costs him his life, leaving his son distraught while begging him to wake up.

Although the study is a little outdated and there are 16 years worth of movies that haven’t been evaluated (including the second half of Toy Story 3, which was quite possibly the hardest moment of our lives), this clip truly is a tear-jerker that might even make even a soulless Stanford student cry.

The Champ (1979) – Champ’s Death & Final ….. [YouTube]
The Saddest Movie in the World [Smithsonian.com]

DancingBear said:

Hi this is somewhat of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding skills so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

mp3 players said:

Get popular electronics…..

[...]The information and facts mentioned inside the write-up are a few of the top accessible [...]…

Transgenic Mice said:

We’re a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your website offered us with valuable information to work on. You have done an impressive job and our whole community will be thankful to you.

my dirty hobby said:

Wow, awesome blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is wonderful, let alone the content!

Cesar Huffman said:

Ah!!! at last I found what I was looking for.

Forex ea said:

I just couldn’t leave your web site prior to suggesting that I actually enjoyed the usual information an individual provide on your visitors? Is going to be again continuously to check out new posts.

Security Light said:

I just wanted to write down a brief note to be able to express gratitude to you for the unique concepts you are writing at this website. My particularly long internet look up has at the end been recognized with useful content to exchange with my family. I ‘d express that most of us readers are definitely blessed to dwell in a useful network with many outstanding professionals with helpful methods. I feel extremely grateful to have encountered your entire web page and look forward to tons of more awesome times reading here. Thanks a lot once more for all the details.

Acai Berry Scam said:

You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!

HALI YIKAMA said:

Great…