peepee on forbesThis past week, those grandiloquent oafs at Forbes decided to drop our Best Colleges in America ranking from No. 65 to No. 70.

While we’re dropped down five spots, however, they continue to raise the rankings of other Bay Area universities — including our cross-bay rivals (they-who-must-not-be-named) and Santa Clara University (pfft!), which jumped nearly 60 spots to pass Cal at No. 67.

Really? You’re kidding, right?

Forbes rankings are prepared by the Center for College Affordability and Productivity, a D.C. think-tank that focuses on five areas to arrive to its conclusions: Post-graduate success, student satisfactions, debt loads and default rates, four-year graduation rates and competitive awards.

Seriously, who graduates in four years anymore?

Image Source: niallkennedy under Creative Commons
Santa Clara U. Tops Berkeley: Forbes List [NBC Bay Area]

Tree Man said:
Aug 8, 2011 at 8:15 pm

“Who graduates in four years anymore?”
Um, Stanford students do. Boo yah!
(Oh no he di-int!)

Someone Neutral said:
Aug 8, 2011 at 8:48 pm

I worked for the School of H&S as a student services associate working primarily with the Dean of Graduate and Undergraduate Studies. I can tell you for a FACT that Stanford students have NOT been graduating in 4 years.

Don't be bitter said:

“Seriously, who graduates in four years anymore?”

It’s rare for Santa Clara students NOT to graduate in four years. Many graduate earlier. Just a fact.

sagehoe said:

When Santa Clara stops being a finishing school for rich white girls I might take it seriously.

Arturo said:
Aug 9, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Standford students do huh? Well you must not have a job and have mommy and daddy pay for everything.

M said:
Aug 9, 2011 at 10:47 pm

SCU students graduate in 4 years easily. In fact, a lot of people finish earlier in order to take great jobs or attend law school and get ahead of the game. Go SCU!

K said:

:( Yeah I’ve always been disappointed that more Cal students don’t graduate in four years.

just a thought said:

Classy article Ricardo Barton. I am glad that you were able to so eloquently prove Cal’s superiority over SCU.

Sandra Oh said:
Aug 10, 2011 at 6:06 pm

SCU students want to graduate in less than 4 years because they can’t wait to attend law school at UC Berkeley. If I attended that god awful school in that god awful area, I’d want to get out off there as quickly as possible too! So I don’t blame them…..

. said:

Well maybe if UCB students laid off the ganj and didn’t wine so much you could be graduating in 4 years too! Oh and also, almost 75% of Scu students receive some sort of financial aid so it’s not all rich white kids thank you.

someone is jealous said:
Aug 11, 2011 at 12:43 pm

obviously this was written by someone who wasnt smart enough to get into santa clara. maybe lay off the pot and focus more on your own education and not the forbes list and youll maybe graduate in the next 5 or 10 years.

someone in cal said:
Aug 11, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Sadly I am in agreement with jealousdude above.

a proud Bronco said:
Aug 11, 2011 at 8:43 pm

I graduated from SCU, in less than 4 years, and with financial aid. I don’t need this Forbes list to know I received an amazing and well rounded education from great people. Cal students shouldn’t either. I’ve worked with several brilliant people from both schools. Both those who wish their ranking was higher on this list, as well as those who boast too loudly about where their school landed, are clearly seeking approval they haven’t yet deserved. You graduated from a good school, now what will you make of yourself? Quit spending time bitching this and go change the world (together).

A biased person from Cal said:
Aug 11, 2011 at 10:42 pm

Hey “someone is jealous,” next time you bring someone’s intelligence into question, how about using proper grammar and punctuation? It doesn’t have to be perfect, but at least give it a try. Your comment looks like it was written by a teenage girl on a smartphone. For the person above “someone is jealous,” I believe the word you were looking for was “whine” not “wine”. Apparently standards are pretty low over there at SCU…

PS…I’m totally stoned and everyone is taking this way too seriously.

SCU Bronco said:
Aug 12, 2011 at 9:57 pm

As an SCU student receiving financial aid and in love with her school, I take offense to this criticism and apparent rank envy from UC Berkeley. Simply because we graduate earlier, have a friendlier and more beautiful campus, as well as a significant success rate post graduation, does not mean that we are less than you. In fact, by definition, it simply provides evidence that we as exceptional or, if you do believe the ratings, more exceptional than yourselves. However, I do know students at your fine university, and I have no qualms with them, I simply will not let undue rudeness tarnish our school.

doces dieta said:

For sale Blogger weblog that is definitely connected to my personal site. The very weblog is linked off from the homepage. I will know if there is a golf widget or something that is will don my very own web-site’s web site designed to clearly show the most recent content. Not necessarily the full publish, nevertheless it’s possible exactly the headline including a connect to drop by my very own weblog..

buyutucu said:

I’ve been browsing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

Ultimate Lead Generation said:
Sep 1, 2012 at 10:32 am

Am i allowed to web page approximately this, from my website web page? I am about to gather as much sources of strategies as i am able.