mmm... sleepy time

Another summer gone, another school year begins.

No worries, because we at the Clog are here to make sure that at least one of your fall semester classes will be worth waking up for. Because we love our readers so dearly and would hate for you procrastinators to add a boring, soul-gnawing class just to reach that 13 unit mark, we present to you a short list of noteworthy classes we’re convinced you will enjoy immeasurably.

So … you’re welcome.

American Studies 110 ­­­­– Food Studies Research Seminar
W 2-5 p.m., 204 DWINELLE

It’s no surprise that the Clog has a keen adoration for food. AS 110 will “discuss the politics and culture of American foodways, focusing on California and the Pacific West Region,” while “also [discussing] food in Hollywood films, various food movements [and] the rise of Berkeley’s ‘gourmet ghetto.’” Considering that the thought of Cheeseboard’s fresh heirloom tomatoes, onions, aged asiago, mozzarella, fresh herbs and garlic olive oil pizza is sure to saturate your mind during this three-hour class, bringing a shareable amount of snacks may be necessary.

CLASSICS 130 – The History of Hell
MWF 1-2 p.m., 88 DWINELLE

“The History of Hell” will “focus on ancient Greek and Roman ideas about what happens to the soul after death.” Oh … okay. Actually, we were under the impression that this class would focus on the lives of engineering majors, but this sounds interesting too.

History 103B – Animals in European History Since the Middle Ages
W 2-4 p.m., 201 WHEELER

To be honest, every single History 103 class this semester looks pretty gosh darn interesting (including another food related class: “Food in American History”) but a class about animals has to make our list because – well, because they’re just a bunch of big ol’ fluffy cuties, that’s why.

Film 108 – Special Topics in Genre: Time in Mad Men
TuTh 9.30-11 a.m., 142 DWINELLE
and/or
DeCal: Mad Men
W 6-8 p.m., 223 DWINELLE

Do you need a double dose of “Mad Men” in your life (or triple if your boyfriend is an exceedingly tense chemistry major)? The critically acclaimed AMC series – winner of 13 Emmy awards and four Golden Globe awards – can now add “Two UC Berkeley Special Topic Classes” (very prestigious!) to their long list of accolades. Each class will explore the culture and social mores of 1960′s America. The DeCal (student-run class) will be sponsored by a professor from the English department.

DeCals

Taking into consideration that every single DeCal is phenomenal (we honestly wish we could take four years worth of DeCals), you can choose for yourselves.

Okay, okay, if you must know:

Introductory Chemistry of Cooking (for all the mad men and women), the Star Wars Galaxy (for all us nerd men and women), Video Games as an Artistic Medium (and you thought that the existence of shooter-games was just a ploy by the Department of Defense to create a generation of dehumanized teenagers who are willing and ready to enter the armed forces on their 18th birthday. How dare you?) and the Los Angeles Lakers: Past, Present and Future (because it’s the greatest sports franchise in the nation in any sport).

Please let us know if you’re taking a noteworthy class that is or isn’t on the list.

Image Source: thiagoleon under Creative Commons
American Studies 110 [site]
Classics 130 [site]
History 103 [site]
Mad Men [Film and Media Dept.]
Mad Men [DeCal]
DeCals Courses [site]

new york web design said:

i need this for my job. you saved my time and i would like to thank you for that. thanks a lot! if i can help somehow, you let me know, email me.

Mezzanine Financing said:

One thing I have actually noticed is the fact that there are plenty of misguided beliefs regarding the financial institutions intentions whenever talking about property foreclosure. One delusion in particular is the fact the bank prefers to have your house. The bank wants your dollars, not your house. They want the money they gave you with interest. Steering clear of the bank will undoubtedly draw some sort of foreclosed realization. Thanks for your posting.

treat scalp acne said:

Your homepage offers a lot of unique insights and wisdom. I have never really thought about it like that. Please keep updating your Blog. I will be visiting every time u do .

Azzie Jacques said:

Magnificent site. Lots of helpful information here. I am sending it to some friends ans additionally sharing in delicious. And certainly, thank you for your sweat!

Forex Indicator said:

I like the efforts you have put in this, regards for all the great blog posts.

Wow, what a blog! I mean, you just have so much guts to go ahead and tell it like it is. Youre what blogging needs, an open minded superhero who isnt afraid to tell it like it is. This is definitely something people need to be up on. Good luck in the future, man

Luetta Parness said:

A formidable share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little bit analysis on this. And he actually bought me breakfast as a result of I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to debate this, I really feel strongly about it and love studying more on this topic. If potential, as you develop into expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more particulars? It’s extremely helpful for me. Huge thumb up for this blog post!

Everything Butt said:

Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it is truly informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future. Numerous people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

Gertrud Roth said:

I do enjoy the way you have framed this particular problem plus it really does give me personally a lot of fodder for consideration. However, through what precisely I have personally seen, I just simply hope when other responses pile on that men and women stay on issue and in no way get started on a soap box regarding the news of the day. Yet, thank you for this fantastic point and though I can not really go along with the idea in totality, I value your viewpoint.

DancingBear said:

Do you have a spam problem on this site; I also am a blogger, and I was curious about your situation; many of us have developed some nice practices and we are looking to swap methods with others, be sure to shoot me an e-mail if interested.

C# Interview Questions said:

Thanks for developing this blog which is usefull to all of us.

mydirtyhobby said:

F*ckin’ tremendous things here. I’m very glad to see your post. Thanks a lot and i am looking forward to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a mail?

Christian Louboutin Outlet said:

Interesting blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your theme. Many thanks

Librada Brillant said:

I agree with your thought.Thank you for your sharing.

Jina Led said:

Very nice from a visual standpoint. From a usability standpoint, some are more effective than others.

Gustaw Kowalski said:

Zygfryd Nowicki said:

Security Light said:

My spouse and i ended up being very peaceful when Peter managed to do his research with the precious recommendations he came across while using the web pages. It’s not at all simplistic just to possibly be releasing methods which often other folks might have been making money from. Therefore we take into account we need the website owner to thank for this. All of the illustrations you have made, the straightforward site navigation, the friendships your site give support to instill – it is everything impressive, and it’s leading our son and our family feel that the issue is brilliant, which is certainly quite mandatory. Thank you for the whole lot!

Price Action Scalper – best scalping strategy said:

The Extreme Trading System!…

The professionals make their trade decisions without relying on indicators and cluttered charts. Unlike what you probably have right now! They’ve got a system of scanning the market and timing their entries and exits that cuts right through the clutter…