happy 40thNo, we’re not talking about that one Will Smith movie …

Forty years ago, today, our esteemed Daily Californian declared its independence from the university after the threat of censorship spurred the students at the Daily Cal to get their shit together and change things up.

On Sept. 28, 1971, this announcement was made known to the UC Berkeley community through an editorial titled “It’s your newspaper now.” Read the editorial that changed it all as well as a note from our current Editor in Chief and President, Tomer Ovadia, here.

The Clog might be young, but we’ve been known to respect our elders (on occasion) and we can appreciate that 40 years of independence is nothing to scoff at.

Image source: Jagrap under Creative Commons
40th anniversary independence [Daily Cal]

Comments:
Servicios SEO said:
Mar 21, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Hello, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam feedback? If so how do you protect against it, any plugin or anything you can suggest? I get so much lately it’s driving me insane so any support is very much appreciated.

sohbet said:
Mar 22, 2012 at 5:26 am

Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I’m confident they will be benefited from this website.

Romeo Kadish said:
Mar 22, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.

Carmelo Sheirich said:
Mar 22, 2012 at 3:11 pm

When you Unlock apple iphone4 using our software program, you are giving your self the freedom to choose whatever service provider you like. If you are stuck with AT&T or any other fall behind network service provider then we can help you. Just obtain our software as well as lift the restrictions placed upon your own iPhone. Once you have operate our software, and unlocked your iPhone within minutes, you can then place a new sim card into your iphone. This could not be any simpler. Just run the software, take out the old sim card and put the new one in. It’s that easy! Easily uncover your iphone 4 now. Don?t miss out, whilst other people are unlocking their iphones with our high quality iPhone 4 unlock and enjoying the cheap, great value providers of another network, you can?t use, because your apple iphone is blocked. Unblock it and choose a sim from any company you want. unlocking an iphone

unlocking an iphone said:
Mar 22, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Today, I went to the beach front with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!

Zdzisław Król said:
Mar 23, 2012 at 12:07 am

find backlinks said:
Mar 23, 2012 at 3:12 am

With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement? My site has a lot of completely unique content I’ve either created myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my authorization. Do you know any ways to help reduce content from being stolen? I’d certainly appreciate it.