Thank God we don’t live in Michigan.

Hard liquor

Starting Nov. 1, the state will require beer retailers to attach a tag to each keg with the buyer’s name, address, phone number and driver’s license number. The purchaser is also mandated to put down a $30 deposit per keg, which won’t be reimbursed if the shell is returned sans tag. Tag-removers may be charged with a misdemeanor and could be fined $500 and spend up to 93 days in jail. (Ye be warned.)

The frats at Michigan State are probably flipping a cow right now.

New York had a similar law that expired last January — though, it seems as if what the law really did was increase sales of 30-packs of beer. Georgia, which passed a keg registration law a while back, expressed that not only did its version of the law not appear to have affected underage drinking, but it also created a massive headache with all the paperwork and long lines at stores selling kegs.

Come on, Georgia and New York, we could have told you that one. If college students really want to get smashed, they’ll find a way to do it. And Michigan, just to let you know, you’ll probably see an uptick in your 30-pack beer sales in the next few months. Or perhaps students may switch to hard liquor, in which case, expect Michigan students’ tolerance levels to go up.

You can be assured that if lawmakers attempted to do the same in California, Berkeley students would be out on the streets protesting their butts off. Imagine the scene: Sacramento announces the new change. Shortly thereafter, liquor stores are inhabited by Cal students sitting in silent protest. The Greek community would unite and storm the capital. California’s college students would coordinate a state-wide effort to lobby and jostle the State Congress until they dismissed the idea.

Ahh, there’s nothing more unifying than prohibition, even if it’s only partial.

Thank God we live in California.

Image Source: iirraa under Creative Commons
Michigan Lawmakers Prefer College Students Drink Hard Liquor Instead of Keg Beer [Reason
]

Redneck 6 Pack Beer & Soda Can Holster Belt – Camo | Fishing Gear Sale said:

[...] List Price: $5.22 Your Amazon Price: $5.22 Redneck 6 Pack Beer & Soda Can Holster Belt – CamoRedneck 6 Pack Beer & Soda Can Holster Belt – Camo Beer Drinkers Survival BeltHolds (6) 12 Ounce Can…eck 6 Pack Beer & Soda Can Holster Belt – Camo"> Beer Drinkers Survival BeltHolds (6) 12 Ounce [...]