Midterm season is a stressful time for all of us. Oh, we know. No words are needed.  If you’re looking to cheer up from the strain of cramming the content of half a textbook into your mental memory, SUPERB! will be showing the movie “Crazy, Stupid Love” on Oct. 21 at 7 p.m. (and then again at 9 p.m.) in Wheeler Auditorium.

If you have never heard of “Crazy, Stupid Love,” Warner Bros. has graciously provided a succinct synopsis to gauge your interest with:

“At fortysomething, straight-laced Cal Weaver (Steve Carell) is living the dream — good job, nice house, great kids and marriage to his high school sweetheart. But when Cal learns that his wife, Emily (Julianne Moore), has cheated on him and wants a divorce, his “perfect” life quickly unravels. Worse, in today’s single world, Cal, who hasn’t dated in decades, stands out as the epitome of un-smooth. Now spending his free evenings sulking alone at a local bar, the hapless Cal is taken on as wingman and protégé to handsome, thirtysomething player Jacob Palmer (Ryan Gosling).”

The movie seems to have gotten decent reception, with an average score of 68/100 at Metacritic and 77 percent at Rotten Tomatoes. Most reviewers seem to rate the movie within the range of 70 percent to 75 percent, although Rex Reed of The New York Observer seems to having a burning, sincere hatred towards the movie, giving it a review of 1/4 and writing “The movie is so hapless that not even two directors could get it right.” Oh dear.

In any case, even if Rex Reed ends up being the hater that was right, tickets are only $3 with a Cal ID ($5 without). There’s not much to lose, especially compared to the $8-$10 ticket prices at local theaters.

I wanted to thank you for this interesting I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your web site to look at the latest stuff you post…its always give pleasure to read your article…Thanks to you!!!!