AAThe prevalence of drinking on a college campus isn’t exactly breaking news. In fact, some go as far as to call this alcohol-consuming lifestyle part of the college culture. While many universities have accepted this, others such as the University of Wisconsin-Madison take the issue more seriously.

As of this semester, university officials are fining students for underage drinking, which the students will have to pay out of their pockets. The fine consists of a payment to the local police department ($263.50) and “substance-abuse counseling” which costs $78 for two group sessions or $200 for two personal sessions (because students might want extra attention for their alleged “substance-abuse problem”). We don’t know about y’all, but we sure as hell don’t have $400 just lying around in case of an emergency alcohol violation.

The program that provides the counseling calls themselves an “educational intervention.” Although the residence halls in Berkeley have been known to require group counseling for students found with alcohol in some cases, there is no known fine … yet. Maybe if Cal imposed a similar fine, the budget crisis would simmer. Just kidding.

Image source: ktylerconk under Creative Commons
UW-Madison students to cough up big bucks for underage drinking [College News]

tonsil stone remedies natural said:

Fantastic items from you, man. I’ve keep in mind your stuff prior to and you’re simply extremely great. I actually like what you have bought here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which during which you assert it. You’re making it enjoyable and you still take care of to stay it sensible. I can’t wait to read far more from you. That is really a terrific site.