halloweenHalloween came a little early for the local elementary school kids. For the UC Berkeley residence halls … have no fear, for candy is here! Volunteers in every complex, in every building and on almost every floor were given a bag of candy for potential trick-or-treaters that might knock on their doors. Kids were given the opportunity to explore the Berkeley dorms as well as satisfy their sweet tooth.

“We didn’t decorate, but some people still gave out candy,” said freshman and  MCB major Arvin Javadi.

But was Halloween always about candy? We miss the good ol’ days where Halloween gave us the excuse the scare the living daylights out of our friends and family (and potentially strangers).

In the true spirit of Halloween, Bowles Hall hosted their own haunted castle. The castle was pretty tame from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., as it only consisted of dark hallways for the young kids to “survive” through. Candy was the expected reward. But as soon as the clock ticked past 8 o’clock … cutesy costumes of princes and princesses? Please, make way for the ghosts and ghouls. All bets were off as any Cal student was invited to bravely navigate the maze of scares, with the last floor ending with spiders getting dropped onto you while a coffin bursts open to scare you into the afterlife.

All this Halloween talk leaves the clog with one question: Are you going trick or treating when the real Halloween comes by? Or will you spend the night scaring every living soul?

Image source: gaudiramone under Creative Commons

emu360v1.4 said:

Thanks , I’ve recently been searching for information approximately this topic for ages and yours is the best I’ve discovered so far. However, what in regards to the bottom line? Are you positive in regards to the supply?|What i do not understood is in reality how you’re now not actually a lot more smartly-liked than you may be right now. You are so intelligent.